omg!! i just realize my son went 'out' for the very first time!!

barbara1

• Subscriber

with carnival being this week, the traditional fair is in town. he went with the neighbour-kid, whose 19, and they also went to this club where all the young people go. (my cousin is the local DJ). they came home at 2 o'clock.  it seems he was  sensible with using alcohol, so i'm happy with that.

but i also realize we've entered a new chapter now (in which i have no experience at all.....)

• Subscriber

Wow Barbara - certainly is a new part of his and your life. Glad to hear that he had fun though and was sensible - proves that you can trust him and not worry too much whilst he is out.

• Subscriber

i know illum. we get those kids in our hospital from time to time, and lets face it: those are the lucky ones, who survived. mixing alcohol with dope/drugs takes many young lives. as does the mixing alcohol/dope with traffic.

as a parent i realize, i cant be there by their sides 24/7. and i hope they will use common sense at all times. but you never know for sure.
like my mom & grandmom always said: small kids, small worries. big kids, ...... you know how it goes. sigh.

• Subscriber

That's a chapter I'm not looking forward to (have a couple years still). Glad he was sensible and came home okay!!! Tell me, do we parents ever get to a point where we won't be worried?????

I know my son is pretty sensible about that stuff, but I worry about him getting in a car with someone who's been drinking, smoking silly cigs, or whatever. What worries me even more is cell phones and driving, that damn texting. I know a lady who's teenage son was in a horrid accident because he was looking at his phone.