newsman

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

n2u274 wrote:

newsman']After 24 straight years of being a U2 fan club member, I've decided to let my U2.com membership and all of its meaningless seniority, invisible perks and ludicrous exclusives lapse into the ether. Yesterday, it expired. It was far easier than I expected. I miss nothing because it no longer provided anything.

In fact, as much as it pains me to say, I've all but given up on believing in this band. They haven't made anything vital or true since "Pop" in '97. U2 will always be the band that made me believe that music is a sacrament of life. They were my Beatles. I still remember getting "Unforgettable Fire" for Christmas in 1984 and quickly buying everything else by the band with the little money I had.

But I have fallen out of love with the boys. They are the corporate pawns that they posed against for years. Even worse, they bore me to death. The concerts are predictable. The music is pedestrian and overproduced. Bono's voice is shot. Edge keeps dressing like he's 14. With so many other raw and talented bands making music out there right now -- Mumford & Sons, The National, Arcade Fire, Radiohead -- I just don't feel the U2 love like I once did.

It's been great, but I must move on.

Peace.

.... because we all know that NLOTH was such a predictable album from U2. You don't feel the love for them like you did before ? It's because your old. Personality speaking. I'm trying to figure the Edge dressing like he's 14. I think it's because Larry still looks 14, and Edge is jealous. I'm still trying to figure out what a guitarist of a rock group is supposed to dress like.

larry still looks 14??? are we talking same larry??eek.gifeek.gifBono's 360 introduction, on stage, in Washington D.C.

• Subscriber

[quote name='n2u274 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

n2u274']

.... because we all know that NLOTH was such a predictable album from U2. You don't feel the love for them like you did before ? It's because your old. Personality speaking. I'm trying to figure the Edge dressing like he's 14. I think it's because Larry still looks 14, and Edge is jealous. I'm still trying to figure out what a guitarist of a rock group is supposed to dress like.

larry still looks 14??? are we talking same larry??
indent]Bono

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

n2u274']Dear Prince (I know you had first dibs Panth, but I must)

I left you because I never know what to call you.

Yeah, well think how confusing it must be for Rosa.........princebono.jpg

omg, never thought bout what this must be to rosa...eek.gif you think she's okay??

[quote name='mick james wrote:

barbara1']dear lady gaga,

hold on. be strong. stay warm. my daughter and her friends are organising a fund-raise at school. we will send you the clothes by courier.
xxx

roll.gif

Get the girls to include a 44-gallon drum of make-up remover in the care package!

Surprised to see her in just a pair of shorts, shirt, and flip-flops and short brunette hair, not much make-up....and she has darker skin.

Dear Mr. Clapton

I was appalled to discover that you, the so-called "Guitar God", do the dreary and mundane tasks like every body else.

Its all been a lie, hasn't it?

You're just a regular person!

You aren't a God!

Bye-bye you liar!

http://www.thesmokingjacket.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/clapton.jpg

• Subscriber

Dear Mr. Clapton

I was appalled to discover that you, the so-called "Guitar God", do the dreay and mundane tasks like every body else.

Its all been a lie, hasn't it?

You're just a regular person!

You arent a God!

Bye-bye you liar!

http://www.thesmokingjacket.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/clapton.jpg

good one, spicy! laugh.gif