Thoughts and Prayers to Japan

• Subscriber

Miki checked in on the blog side with the following....

Dear everyone,

Thank you so much for asking. My family, friends and I was ok. thank god. I want as many lives as possible to be saved. So terrified I didn't feel like I was even alive on the day of the quake. Tokyo where I am was rather ok compared to the most devastating area. Still the electricity, transport and all the other necessary supplies are not on the way, I' m still on the way recovering from the shock, but this'll be alright. I want to believe everything'll be alright.

Thank you so much again for asking, thank you....!!!

Pardon the brevity of this note.  

Mikimullen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

As a Californian raised with earthquakes throughout my life I can imagine the horror....but the relentess nature of the water, that is something I can't imagine....

Hope there is some calm and healing soon in Japan....

• Subscriber

I'm still having emotions concerning the Haiti quake (and other things). It really puts in perspective the things we should really cherish in this world, and how to treat one another.

Good to hear from our Japanese friends here. I can't tear myself away from the news coverage, it's really hard to take it all in, there's some amazing stories. I cannot imagine having to endure something like this. I've donated to the Red Cross, but it seems so insignificant in the face of this horrendous catastrophe. The Japenese people are such a respectful, polite people. I see the lines of people patiently waiting for food, gas, etc. and all trying to help each other. The loss of life is so incredibly sad. I pray those nuclear reactors are able to be kept under control, they don't need anymore disasters to happen.

• Subscriber

This really is a catastrophy....my thoughts are with all people affected...and with those involved in the search and rescue.

All images and news are hard to comprehend, this isn't over yet.

I wish all Japanese alot of strength to cope with this situation.

• Subscriber

So terrible. I heard on the news - and they had footage of- about 3 (?) elderly citizens found in their car floating in sludge---spotted by people stuck up on a roof after they saw some movement. They had been in the car since the tsunami hit. Looked like they were okay. Hopefully there will be more stories like this. But that water...