Thoughts and Prayers to Japan

• Subscriber

There is a scam email going around claiming to be from the British Red Cross. I work for them and got warned about it today... if you wish to donate to support work in Japan, Lybia, New Zealand or any other emergency, please go direct to the website www.redcross.org.uk and do it from there. PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS IN EMAILS, this scam does look like it is sent by an @redcross.org.uk address. Thank you xxx

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

The footage of the destruction left by the earthquake and tsunami and people's stories are really upsetting...and the threat of radiation/nuclear catastrophe just scares the living crap out of me...those poor people....just wanted to add my support.

Lots of support in the Japan thread in International folder...with really good information and updates.

EF you write beautifully.

Praying there is no further incident with those dreaded reactors.

Catherine (in Australia)

• Subscriber

So here we are with our on line candlelight vigil. Regardless of religion or lack of, we here on this blog are all arm in arm, heads bowed, eyes closed and meditating or praying or thinking of all of those suffering in Japan and around the world.

Wishing and asking that no further danger and heartbreak occur and that the nuclear issues which are now so horribly frightening end without issue.

The nuclear scare has to end without further issue. We send out that thought in an effective way. One more powerful than a reactor. It's a very soft thought in our minds, but is a powerful all enveloping blanket covering each reactor and releasing our collective energy to diffuse its potential lethal consequence.

This is our wish.

nicely put - thank you

This is not happening!!! They are going to let the reactors all blow and melt down while the winds are offshore instead of trying to control it and hope it doesnt go on Saturday when the winds are blowing over Tokyo???? Oh my God, help them!

We just have to trust that they will do their best. The US can't really shouldn't say anything because it's had the 3 Mile incident in the past and didn't really handle that one well. Same with Russia and the Chernobyl incident. Which is why Russia is probably not commenting, to avoid foot in mouth.

Whatever happens we know Japan did it's best. God knows too. I just wish the US would stop freaking out.

Text: Red Cross to 90999 for automatic $10 donation for Japan relief

Text REDCROSS to 90999 to Give $10
Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

On March 11, an earthquake struck Japan near the city of Sendai, which caused damage and generated a powerful tsunami which struck northern Japan and spread across the Pacific. 

Your $10 gift to the American Red Cross will support our disaster relief efforts to help those affected by the earthquake in Japan and tsunami throughout the Pacific. On those rare occasions when donations exceed American Red Cross expenses for a specific disaster, contributions are used to prepare for and serve victims of other disasters.

Charges will appear on your wireless bill, or be deducted from your prepaid balance. All purchases must be authorized by account holder. Message & Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to 90999 to STOP. Text HELP to 90999 for HELP. To see the full terms applicable to donations, please visit www.mgive.org/T. Receipts for donations are available at www.mgive.org/receipt

I just heard the news today...

news last reporting that meltdown is inevitable....

and that the people who stayed behind to try and fight it

are basically

on a suicide mission....

on interview, a few Japanese people said that staying behind was the workers duty and did not make them heros.

but, to give up your life to try and save countless others...

I call that being a hero