U2 & Jay Z Scarlett (Rejoice & Pray) Studio Version (almost.....)

mick james

• Subscriber

Hi mates,

I know U2s live collab with Mr Z in NZ and OZ pissed some of you off no end, but hell, I actually really liked it!

Anyways, I thought I'd put together a pretend studio version so we can all think "what if....?"

Obviously I had to lift a Jay Z vocal from elsewhere, but I reckon this wouldn't be too far of the mark.

Enjoy (or not!!)

• Subscriber
not bad, mick. but i would prefer a lot more bonovox, and less jayZ.  i don mind the rapping, but compared to bono's voice...mmmmmmmmm.......
You crazy daisy!

There's as much of Mr Vox as there is in the original! laugh.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='mick james wrote:

barbara1']not bad, mick. but i would prefer a lot more bonovox, and less jayZ.  i don mind the rapping, but compared to bono's voice...mmmmmmmmm.......

You crazy daisy!

There's as much of Mr Vox as there is in the original! laugh.gif

i know! but if you go mix it, mix it good, mick. and put some more bonovox in it!!tongue.gif

btw: i'm no daisy!! just found of the sexy voiceohwell.gifohwell.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

mick james wrote:

barbara1']not bad, mick. but i would prefer a lot more bonovox, and less jayZ.  i don mind the rapping, but compared to bono's voice...mmmmmmmmm.......

You crazy daisy!

There's as much of Mr Vox as there is in the original!
laugh.gif

i know! but if you go mix it, mix it good, mick. and put some more bonovox in it!!roll.gif

• Subscriber

i'm voluntering for the catering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif and i can do background-vocals aswell!! (hope you can do the photoshop-thing with my singing.... don know how thats called, you know the thing they do with madonna's voice?)

• Subscriber
That is awesome Mick...and I agree the live versions we had here...amazing too...Job well done brother...you got anymore I can get from you too...you i mean LOL

Scott (NZ)

Hi mate, glad you enjoyed!

Look, I didn't spend too much time on this one, but I think it turned out enough like a studio version might!

Mate, I'm at work and can't post links, but if you double click on the video above it will take you to Youtube.

Click on my user name "jickmames" and you'll find my channel.

Scroll down my vids and you'll find some U2 remixes and mashups you might enjoy.

There's a few old U2 covers I did years back on there too!

Cheers mate.