How do you use the message boards?

u2ireland

• Subscriber

I'm curious... how do you all use the message boards?

do you only visit, read and post in certain boards because of the subject title of the board? (this would seem more less likely)

or do you check out anything that is "new" regardless of the subject title of the board? (more likely?)

Personally, I don't pay much attention to the board names/sections, but look for what is new and read those. Like the "general forum"... it seems to get a lot of posts and views...much easier and cleaner.. less navigating=easier, quicker etc. Maybe combine more boards into this? And some boards don't have much traffic but some of us might go there because it says it has new posts, only to find out that there is just one new post.

Wouldn't it be easier to have fewer boards?

Why are there 13 boards and 26 subforums, and then "featured topics?"

Just curious....

• Subscriber

mmmm, bit of  a combination, i think. i first look at the threads i already posted in, cause i was interested in the subject. and read new posts in those. then i check the new ones, starting from the ones that i find most interesting. some i will just skipp, especailly when i see its bout sportstongue.gif

fewer would be great, cause like you say, so many subforums, its hard to find back the threads you were having interaction with others.

I just come to the General Forum. I always read the titles of threads. If it doesn't interest me, I disregard them completely ... even if they may have 1000 posts. If the title is somewhat interesting, I'll mouse over it to get more information on what the thread is about. If it looks interesting, I'll click on it. If it's something I've an interest in, I'll post in there. I posted in yours for that very reason.

• Subscriber

I check the threads that I've already posted in to see what else has been said. I will then look at the titles of other threads and click on the ones that sound interesting to me. I will generally only post if I feel I can add something to the conversation. Most of the time I stay within the general forum on the free side, but I do wander south to the paid side on occasion. 

• Subscriber

I agree that so many boards can get a bit confusing - I sometimes get lost trying to remember where a thread I posted in was - there doesn't seem to be a clear distinction between the U2 Forums and the General Forums (to be fair - we are U2 fans - some of us more obsessed than others - and even the general stuff can often turn to u2 so I don't really think they should be separate but that's just my opinion) - plus having a lot of the same folders on the free and paid side leads to a lot of double up posting - especially since many paid members post on both.

I find it confusing that there are 2 live threads for the upcoming concert - why do the paid and free members have to be separated - can't we just have one thread?