U2 lends it's song to help save American Wild Horses

surrenders

http://vimeo.com/20048607

Watching this made me sick, and in tears.  This has to stop now!  It's been going on for years.  There is nothing that epitomizes the American West and freedom more then wild horses.  This is a new documentary that is being shown at Film Festivals nation wide.  I'll be calling President Obama at the number it shows at the end of the videos.

http://theamericanwildhorse.com/

http://www.theamericanwildhorse.com/howtohelp.html

This is delightful!

I don't think I have ever heard of U2 lending itself to animal rights and welfare....as far as I know, they have mostly been about "the people," or?

As an aside, there are also beautiful herds of wild ponies on Assateague Island in the Maryland/Virgina area of the U.S., which is an absolutely lovely place to camp!

wild-ponies-at-assateague.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb5afyxiK3git6MsZSEoCL7rAYLJcvQaGCxAwXixPg0j-kXkld0w horses.jpg  

wild_ponies_assateague_island_virginia_or_maryland_1975-2172.jpg

This is delightful!

I don't think I have ever heard of U2 lending itself to animal rights and welfare....as far as I know, they have mostly been about "the people," or?

As an aside, there are also beautiful herds of wild ponies on Assateague Island in the Maryland/Virgina area of the U.S., which is an absolutely lovely place to camp!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb5afyxiK3git6MsZSEoCL7rAYLJcvQaGCxAwXixPg0j-kXkld0w horses.jpg  

these photos are stunning... wow, this is on my bucket list!!!

• Subscriber

This is delightful!

magnificent pictures, security! thanx for posting. 

surrenders wrote:

SIA, they don't 'roundup' those horses do they? I hope not!

Well, I think they do an annual "pony swim" where they roundup and herd the ponies.  And, I agree, it is never nice to see animals exploited for human enjoyment.  But, the entire island is a preserve for them and very well protected.  The ponies are rare and not injured.  This annual event--having gone on for 80 some years, I think--is a way to raise public awareness and therefore funds for the preserve.  

It is a wonderful place to camp, did I mention this?  But there are some times of the year when it is impossible to be there due to the black flies, which really do take little chunks of skin out of one.  So, if anyone plans to go, research the best times to do so ahead of time!

You know, I had not thought of the song "Who's Going to Ride Your Wild Horses" in a very long time, and it is one of my most favorite songs of all time.  I am not sure why I temporarily forgot about it, but am very glad to be reminded :-)

This is  Assateague island:

800px-Assateague_Island_aerial_view.jpg