The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Edge: Tour Probably Ending in July, U2 Album After That

Posted: March 25, 2011

By: Liseth Meijer / Matt McGee

In a short interview broadcast today on Irish radio station Phantom,Edge talked about the band's plans for a new album, the rest of the 360tour, and more -- and U2 fans probably won't be too thrilled with whathe had to say.

Edge on the U2 360 Tour's Future

Although rumors have been circulating of new dates in Europe laterthis year, Edge said he thinks that's probably not gonna happen.

"I think we're probably gonna pack upthe U2 claw after the American shows. I doubt if -- but you can neversay never. But right now, if you wanted my opinion, I'd say that thatwill be the end."

Edge on U2's Next Album

The different projects the band is working on are all still alive,and the band isn't ready yet to commit to one particular direction.They'll probably decide on what kind of album to make and resumeworking on new material after the tour concludes.

"Bono's been talking about differentprojects and they're all still kind of alive. We're not ready to committo one particular direction, but we've so much new material. And whenthe dust settles and we're off the road, I think we're gonna giveourselves a couple weeks and sit back and figure it all out and decidewhich way we're gonna go." Later he adds, "We're enjoying that momentwhere things haven't fully come into focus and we could take it in anumber of different directions."

Edge also mentioned the band will probably change the set list a bitfor their performance in Glastonbury and have "a few little extras, butnothing like the 360 stage."

Edge taped the interview last week while he was still in New York City. You can listen yourself on Phantom.ie's website.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

What a disappointment, that interview with Edge. An announcement for an album to be released in may had to be mentioned. Now it's the same boring information. Not even mention of an ep or single to be released. I hope this whole spidey-adventure will end very soon so they can focus on their new album. U2 has landed in it's own comedy: Lots of delays (musical and new album delays) with a fanclub that doesn't take its members seriously. For me it's clear: U2 are the new Stones. Oh wait. Let's see what they play tonight. Expect nothing but the same. Boring

• Subscriber

Very very disappointing - does Edge even realise that their manager told us to expect an album this spring. And if Moncton is the last show of the entire tour how sad they couldn't have made that clear when it went on sale instead of saying it was the last North American show. Not impressed at all. At least bring the show back to Dublin for a grand finale.

We're spending a small fortune going to see U2 in the US again this year (after seeing the show in '09 and '10 in other venues) on the basis that a new album and new material would be featuring... what a nonsense.  

Finally not impressed with u2.com who wrote and asked us (me and wife) to extend our memberships earlier this month. The only reason for doing so (at least for 2 memberships) was for new presale codes - and not to receive cds of music we already own. Feel hoodwinked over this. Not the U2 I fell in love with 24 years ago at all. Too many big corporate players involved and not enough heart,

• Subscriber

I'm about as disapointed as when Bono needed his back fixed and cancelled the N America tour last year. If they had stuck with the tour as planned, they would have been 'hungry" for more, hence one more go-round in EU. Oh well..... nothing 's written in stone.

• Subscriber

I'm about as disapointed as when Bono needed his back fixed and cancelled the N America tour last year. If they had stuck with the tour as planned, they would have been 'hungry" for more, hence one more go-round in EU. Oh well..... nothing 's written in stone.

correct me if i misunderstood, but bono hurting his back was an accident. and serious enough. so what you mean: if the had stuck with the tour as planned? what would you have suggested? stick to the schedule, and let bono do the singing from his hospital-bed? or stick to the tour with 3 bandmembers left , why do you need a singer anyway?grin.gif the back-accidnet happened. nothing anyone could change bout it. you were 'disappointed'? imagine how the band and crew most have felt??

but i also hoped there would be a grand finale in dublin...cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

• Subscriber

Edge: Tour Probably Ending in July, U2 Album After That

Posted: March 25, 2011

By: Liseth Meijer / Matt McGee

In a short interview broadcast today on Irish radio station Phantom,Edge talked about the band's plans for a new album, the rest of the 360tour, and more -- and U2 fans probably won't be too thrilled with whathe had to say.

Edge on the U2 360 Tour's Future

Although rumors have been circulating of new dates in Europe laterthis year, Edge said he thinks that's probably not gonna happen.

"I think we're probably gonna pack upthe U2 claw after the American shows. I doubt if -- but you can neversay never. But right now, if you wanted my opinion, I'd say that thatwill be the end."

Edge on U2's Next Album

The different projects the band is working on are all still alive,and the band isn't ready yet to commit to one particular direction.They'll probably decide on what kind of album to make and resumeworking on new material after the tour concludes.

"Bono's been talking about differentprojects and they're all still kind of alive. We're not ready to committo one particular direction, but we've so much new material. And whenthe dust settles and we're off the road, I think we're gonna giveourselves a couple weeks and sit back and figure it all out and decidewhich way we're gonna go." Later he adds, "We're enjoying that momentwhere things haven't fully come into focus and we could take it in anumber of different directions."

Edge also mentioned the band will probably change the set list a bitfor their performance in Glastonbury and have "a few little extras, butnothing like the 360 stage."

Edge taped the interview last week while he was still in New York City. You can listen yourself on Phantom.ie's website.

i was gonna post this but knew you would hahanerd.gif