The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

bflorendo wrote:

MacFoley']Sorry but I would like to see them drop in a little while and with or without you. The latter sounds overplayed and tired now.

Agree! There are so many U2 songs that can easily replace In A Little While (maybe Fez - Being Born or Tomorrow?). As for WOWY, I wish they could go back to the Rattle and Hum DVD version....if they continue playing it. Again, that can be replaced with songs like Red Hill Mining or Heartland....and I don't agree with them replacing Magnificent with EBTTRT....they should've taken out Boots instead...and then again, I thought they should've released Magnificent as the first single off NLOTH.

yep. i dont understand how the same band can write a magical song like with or without you. on record its perfect. the live performances up to slane castle were good. now they have turned it into the most boring live u2 song, even if i still think its one of their best singles to date.

Agreed, even though its my fav U2 song....well apart from UV that iswink.gif....and id be gutted to see it dropped but i do think its lost the passion live, but when they add the "shine like stars" bit , even though its only a couple of lines , it gives it that little bit of sparkle backpimp.gif

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='cathkel wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

bflorendo']

Agree! There are so many U2 songs that can easily replace In A Little While (maybe Fez - Being Born or Tomorrow?). As for WOWY, I wish they could go back to the Rattle and Hum DVD version....if they continue playing it. Again, that can be replaced with songs like Red Hill Mining or Heartland....and I don't agree with them replacing Magnificent with EBTTRT....they should've taken out Boots instead...and then again, I thought they should've released Magnificent as the first single off NLOTH.

yep. i dont understand how the same band can write a magical song like with or without you. on record its perfect. the live performances up to slane castle were good. now they have turned it into the most boring live u2 song, even if i still think its one of their best singles to date.

Agreed, even though its my fav U2 song....well apart from UV that iswink.gif....and id be gutted to see it dropped but i do think its lost the passion live, but when they add the "shine like stars" bit , even though its only a couple of lines , it gives it that little bit of sparkle backpimp.gifWOWY was the song for Bono to get a woman up on stage. It rarely happened on this tour. Plus there's other songs where Bono can get a woman to dance to...Velvet Dress, Party Girl, All I Want Is You, Throw Your Arms Around The World and Mysterious Ways (already on the setlist).

• Subscriber

[quote name='bflorendo wrote:

cathkel wrote:

MacFoley']

Agreed, even though its my fav U2 song....well apart from UV that is
wink.gif
....and id be gutted to see it dropped but i do think its lost the passion live, but when they add the "shine like stars" bit , even though its only a couple of lines , it gives it that little bit of sparkle back
pimp.gifWOWY was the song for Bono to get a woman up on stage. It rarely happened on this tour. Plus there's other songs where Bono can get a woman to dance to...Velvet Dress, Party Girl, All I Want Is You, Throw Your Arms Around The World and Mysterious Ways (already on the setlist).

He can get me on stage even if he reads multiplication tables wink02.gif

• 2 weeks later...

BOOOOOO!!!!!!

They mustn't like the leftovers from NLOTH and have no idea what to do next.

I wish all of them, including McGuiness, would just shut the F up and not say anything. I actually think it's time they sacked McGuiness, he's made so many f*ck ups with this album and tour.

I reckon we'll see this David Guetta/ Will.I.Am project before anything else and it will be released just before Christmas this year - it will just be a dressed up greatest hits album with r'n'b and club sounding remixes of old classics.

Then we might get the Spiderman score released as a "Passengers" album sometime early 2012. At least all of those songs are written.

Probably won't hear a new U2 album (proper) until 2013 if they even record one. I still have a suspicion this band is on the verge of calling it quits.

Just saw an article on www.ultimate-guitar.com about Bono saying that the U2 fans don't have a groove. He backs it up by saying that most of us U2 fans would rather hear Vertigo than Discotheque. Btw, Get on Your Boots was supposed to be a half club-style, half indie-rock song. Then Adam disagreeing, saying that they overwork/overthink their songs in the studios. So I think U2 will be coming out with this sci-fi rock album, or the laid back Songs of Ascent.

Just saw an article on www.ultimate-guitar.com about Bono saying that the U2 fans don't have a groove. He backs it up by saying that most of us U2 fans would rather hear Vertigo than Discotheque. Btw, Get on Your Boots was supposed to be a half club-style, half indie-rock song. Then Adam disagreeing, saying that they overwork/overthink their songs in the studios. So I think U2 will be coming out with this sci-fi rock album, or the laid back Songs of Ascent.

I'd go Discotheque over Vertigo, swap that in the set list, that would be the only pop song.

• Subscriber

Half-club, half-indie...Oh dear. Neither of those genres are very good. No wonder I hate the song so much (apart from the frankly ridiculous lyrics).

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

bflorendo']Just saw an article on www.ultimate-guitar.com about Bono saying that the U2 fans don't have a groove. He backs it up by saying that most of us U2 fans would rather hear Vertigo than Discotheque. Btw, Get on Your Boots was supposed to be a half club-style, half indie-rock song. Then Adam disagreeing, saying that they overwork/overthink their songs in the studios. So I think U2 will be coming out with this sci-fi rock album, or the laid back Songs of Ascent.

Half-club, half-indie...Oh dear. Neither of those genres are very good. Wash yer mouth lad!

I'll remind you of this comment in 5 years to see if you've changed your mind.

I'll bet you have!