The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Do you think Bono speaks a lot in the 360 tour? hahaha, you didn't see him in the Rattle and Hum times, did you?

Anyway, I think Bono speaks, or Desmond Tutú speaks because the band feel it is important to make a public statement about certain political or social aspects and, as that's one of the reasons I'm a U2 fan, I want to listen to them.

Sorry to say this, if you want a concert free of political statements, if you want it free of religious or spiritual content, you've chosen the wrong band.

(PS. The only song I want to listen sung by the Edge is Numb)

• Subscriber

I would love to hear Edge sing Seconds or Van Diemen's Land , Edges voice it great he has the full package.

Listen

U2 is the most commericail successful band out there. The agreement within the music indudtry and contract alone, will be for U2 to contribute into making the world a better place. Music is a understand which we can associate with the majority of us on the planet in lives, which brings happiness and joy. If anyone does not like the speeches from the band or what they believe in, then listen to something else. There are many musicians out there that produce excellent music, including young up coming rock bands.

Just my thoughts. 

• Subscriber

Do you think Bono speaks a lot in the 360 tour? hahaha, you didn't see him in the Rattle and Hum times, did you?

Anyway, I think Bono speaks, or Desmond Tutú speaks because the band feel it is important to make a public statement about certain political or social aspects and, as that's one of the reasons I'm a U2 fan, I want to listen to them.

Sorry to say this, if you want a concert free of political statements, if you want it free of religious or spiritual content, you've chosen the wrong band.

would be great to hear numb in the set now.

mind you his solo job on sunday bloody sunday on the popmart tour is one of the most powerful things he has done in the past 14 years.

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mariacm']Do you think Bono speaks a lot in the 360 tour? hahaha, you didn't see him in the Rattle and Hum times, did you?

would be great to hear numb in the set now.

mind you his solo job on sunday bloody sunday on the popmart tour is one of the most powerful things he has done in the past 14 years.

It was great, but I love SBS as it is played this tour (without any Jay-Z, please).

This. So very much this.