The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Average length of a U2 Tour, 2 years! This ones in it's 3rd year by default. As much as I hate to say it, year off minimum.

My estimate for an album/tour would now be: Between December 2011/March 2012 for a new Album and then tour between announcement between January/April 2012.

If they stop touring at the end of July, it's goner be at least 3-5 months to prep an album. Then they'll want to promote it, so hopefully then it will be a new tour.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Average length of a U2 Tour, 2 years! This ones in it's 3rd year by default. As much as I hate to say it, year off minimum.

But how many shows?

Without the postponement I think the tour would have been ended in South America or downunder at the end of 2010

• Subscriber

[quote name='monica martino wrote:

agt']Average length of a U2 Tour, 2 years! This ones in it's 3rd year by default. As much as I hate to say it, year off minimum.

But how many shows?

Without the postponement I think the tour would have been ended in South America or downunder at the end of 2010

If you check back through all there tours. Most start in one year and finish in the next, over a 2 year period. You more than likely right. Bono's back out probably allowed for more European dates while they were waiting for the World Wide dates to be filled.

Would explaine why dates were randomly announced here there and everywhere. Hence why I said 3 years by default.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

cathkel wrote:

Steelerfan']

Fine, who cares..let's move on ...

I'm ready for Pearl Jam this summer and Bruce next year...

??????????????????

why the ???????

It's pretty clear...I've had it with the will they/won't they....album in May/album later this year...I'm tired of it...

I am gonna save my $$ for other tours...

Its the "who cares" bit i don't understand. Clearly alot of people do care, including you, or else you wouldn't be posting about it smokin.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='cathkel wrote:

Steelerfan wrote:

cathkel']

??????????????????

why the ???????

It's pretty clear...I've had it with the will they/won't they....album in May/album later this year...I'm tired of it...

Its the "who cares" bit i don't understand. Clearly alot of people do care, including you, or else you wouldn't be posting about it smokin.gif

I'm sure some care WAY TOO MUCH..saying their lives are over if U2 doesn't release the new album soon..but I don't.

When it comes, it comes..I'll be just fine..I've had great shows, got a couple more...got to go to OZ...I really don't live and die by U2 putting out albums...

• Subscriber

This could be following along the lines of Rattle & Hum (Love Town tour) and Zooropa. So yes, it maybe the end of the Claw, but maybe a new set design, and revamped setlist...it could be back to arenas...or more stripped down shows. Who knows what these guys are up to?

I'm not sure about whether they should just restrict it to one kind of venue (IE arena versus stadium). Maybe they should just mix outdoors with indoors.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Steelerfan wrote:

cathkel wrote:

Steelerfan']

why the ???????

Its the "who cares" bit i don't understand. Clearly alot of people do care, including you, or else you wouldn't be posting about it
smokin.gif

I'm sure some care WAY TOO MUCH..saying their lives are over if U2 doesn't release the new album soon..but I don't.

When it comes, it comes..I'll be just fine..I've had great shows, got a couple more...got to go to OZ...I really don't live and die by U2 putting out albums...yeah if u2 were to call it quits soon, it would be sad, but its not life or death...

• Subscriber

I was hoping the album would be out in May, like McGuinness said, and that then the NA shows would have a new setlist, but if what The Edge says is true, then I guess not. Doesn't matter much to me since I've yet to see a show, so I'll go for anything. Defitnitely they will take at least a year off after U2360, settle down a little and hopefully get their new album(s) in order.

• Subscriber

Yep… They got money fooling around with tour dates and giving fans hope for a new album so tickets would sell…

I’m glad that they got money from us as it seems they need it more than we do…

^^this...frown.gif