The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

• Subscriber

[quote name='bflorendo wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

bflorendo']This could be following along the lines of Rattle & Hum (Love Town tour) and Zooropa. So yes, it maybe the end of the Claw, but maybe a new set design, and revamped setlist...it could be back to arenas...or more stripped down shows. Who knows what these guys are up to?

I'm not sure about whether they should just restrict it to one kind of venue (IE arena versus stadium). Maybe they should just mix outdoors with indoors.
The only way they could do this is to divide it, like the Vertigo/Elevation tour where they did arena shows in the U.S. and stadiums in Europe. Also, with my above comment, it could be restricted to certain continents. For example, Lovetown Tour was mainly for Australia, NZ, Japan, France, Ireland, Germany and the Netherlands. They skipped Australia when they did the Elevation Tour.

They skipped Elevation because the Oz dollar was shite in the late 90s early 00s and they lost money on Popmart down here.

Now our dollar is worth more than the US dollar so we can't keep the little bastards away!

Honestly though, I feel that any major U2 tour from now on will be a stadium tour.This way Bono and broken ol' Larry only have to do 2 shows a week.

It wouldn't make much sense at this point in their lives to go back to 5 night a week arena tours.  Bono's voice and Larry's arms would fall apart.

I think we'll start seeing arena shows again in about 10 years when the casual fair weather fans have pissed off, and the boys can do some residencies at the 02 or Madison Square Garden - heck even Vegas.

But if I had to put money on it, I would say that we've seen the last world arena tour from U2.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

But if I had to put money on it, I would say that we've seen the last world arena tour from U2.

From all the reasons for the design of 360, I'll second that statement.

• Subscriber

[quote name='agt wrote:

mick james'] But if I had to put money on it, I would say that we've seen the last world arena tour from U2.

From all the reasons for the design of 360, I'll second that statement.no, say it isn't so! cry.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

agt wrote:

mick james']But if I had to put money on it, I would say that we've seen the last world arena tour from U2.

From all the reasons for the design of 360, I'll second that statement.
no, say it isn't so! ohwell.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='surrenders wrote:

Steelerfan']Fine, who cares..let's move on ...

I'm ready for Pearl Jam this summer and Bruce next year...

Is Bruce touring next year?  I haven't kept up with him lately.

Bruce hasn't said anything, but Max and Clarence have been hinting at a tour for next year. Tho I think they should maybe hold off another year to give Clarence a little more time to recover from his back surgery (and Bruce can use the downtime to go on another solo acoustic tour; those Devils and Dust shows he did in 2005 were amazing!). I actually wouldn't be surprised if they don't tour again until 2013 since by then all his and Patti's kids will be in college (Patti took a lot of time off on the Magic and Working on a Dream tours helping their two eldest kids with their college applications and the like).

• Subscriber

MacFoley wrote:

yeah if u2 were to call it quits soon, it would be sad, but its not life or death...

eek.gifeek.gif are you for real?? no!! i don care for the new album that much, but lets face it: if u2 don play dublin at the end of this tour, i will go in hungerstrike: i wont eat nor drink another drop till they do the shows! tired.gif

mmmm... except for wine maybe eyes.gif ...

Waborita, perhaps? wink.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='TCarlin5 wrote:

barbara1']
MacFoley wrote:

yeah if u2 were to call it quits soon, it would be sad, but its not life or death...

eek.gifeek.gif

are you for real?? no!! i don care for the new album that much, but lets face it: if u2 don play dublin at the end of this tour, i will go in hungerstrike: i wont eat nor drink another drop till they do the shows! 
tired.gif
 mmmm... except for wine maybe
eyes.gif

Waborita, perhaps? wink.gif

i beg your pardon? wabowhat?? (off to google it!)

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

TCarlin5 wrote:

barbara1']

eek.gifeek.gif

are you for real?? no!! i don care for the new album that much, but lets face it: if u2 don play dublin at the end of this tour, i will go in hungerstrike: i wont eat nor drink another drop till they do the shows! 
tired.gif
 mmmm... except for wine maybe
eyes.gif

Waborita, perhaps?
wink.gif

its a tequila-cocktail, right? never heard of it. is it any good?

• Subscriber

Yes yet another disappointing u2 fan. I have always admirred U2 for there chemistry and feeling between fans and the band with there clear direction and ability to connect with us all. THE MAIN REASON WE ALWAYS FOLLOW THEM, and to look forward to the result on there new musical journey.

After the comments from the edge, I understand there must be financial presures continuing a world tour however surely if a 360 tour around the world started in Barcerlona shorly this is where the final stage show must finish.

Or come back to Dublin

Streem the concert world wide for all fans to listen or watch on u2.com.

Im shaw with all the concerned disappointing fan that i had read through comments, might give us all a lift.

What do you think??

Phil

• Subscriber

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

TCarlin5']Waborita, perhaps?
wink.gif

its a tequila-cocktail, right? never heard of it. is it any good?Never tried it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it...pimp.gif