The Edge-Tour will finish in July, no new album until after the tour...

MacFoley

• Subscriber

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

cathkel wrote:

barbara1']i'm not the festival-type, for one. its middle of exams for my kids too. and i will never get the time off from work in june. and altho its always great to see them, i don think it can replace seeing them in dublin, where there will be fans from all over the world, i've seen the vids last time! and heard bout the city being in 1 big party-mood! i wanna experience that too
indifferent.gif

after all the hassle from the last dublin shows too, i dont think u2 would want to play there again in a hurray! didnt they get fined or something???

anyhow...i would love to see them at dublin too, that is my dream, but i can live without that dream, my u2 dream DID actually come true and nothing can beat that...

but for all the u2 fans dreaming of dublin dates, i hope they come true...wink.gif

And Stormstep could be the supportpimp.gif You better get writing Mactongue.gif

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

cathkel wrote:

barbara1']i'm not the festival-type, for one. its middle of exams for my kids too. and i will never get the time off from work in june. and altho its always great to see them, i don think it can replace seeing them in dublin, where there will be fans from all over the world, i've seen the vids last time! and heard bout the city being in 1 big party-mood! i wanna experience that too
indifferent.gif

after all the hassle from the last dublin shows too, i dont think u2 would want to play there again in a hurray! didnt they get fined or something???

anyhow...i would love to see them at dublin too, that is my dream, but i can live without that dream, my u2 dream DID actually come true and nothing can beat that...

but for all the u2 fans dreaming of dublin dates, i hope they come true...frown.gif it's their hometown after all!  The whole thing around Croke Park shows has always been that it's right in the middle of a residential area, and particularly for concerts and that, i think it was felt that 3 shows in a row was too much.  I know there were 3 shows for Vertigo too, but the claw stage took longer to build and residents were disturbed by the noise and that. To be honest I think one show would have been enough.  And the problem here is if they were to play the Aviva it's in the middle of a residential area too, so there is no way there would be approval for 3 shows.  The only place they could play is the O2 which is quite is down the quays and would be perfect but to keep up with demand they would have to do more than 3 shows as it only holds about 5,000 people.

• Subscriber

cathkel wrote:

indifferent.gif

but for all the u2 fans dreaming of dublin dates, i hope they come true...frown.gif it's their hometown after all!  The whole thing around Croke Park shows has always been that it's right in the middle of a residential area, and particularly for concerts and that, i think it was felt that 3 shows in a row was too much.  I know there were 3 shows for Vertigo too, but the claw stage took longer to build and residents were disturbed by the noise and that. To be honest I think one show would have been enough.  And the problem here is if they were to play the Aviva it's in the middle of a residential area too, so there is no way there would be approval for 3 shows.  The only place they could play is the O2 which is quite is down the quays and would be perfect but to keep up with demand they would have to do more than 3 shows as it only holds about 5,000 people.

• Subscriber

cathkel wrote:

indifferent.gif

• Subscriber

Disappointing about the album but I wouldn't take it too seriously when he says the tour will end in US. He didn't rule out a Dublin leg in late Summer. He's been told to lower expectations so that it'll be huge news when they do come home!

I hope you're right!!! happy.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Carol8 wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

cathkel']Barbara, i honestly don't think that Dublin would be the same as the last time. I don't think soo many people would travel from the 4 corners of the earth again. Sure alot of people would but it still wouldnt' be the same. Also being Irish i know that most non U2 fans wouldnt' be going again to see the same tour, especially with the financial state this country is in at the moment. I would love another few Dublin shows but i know it just wouldnt' be the same
indifferent.gif

i actually said they wouldnt want to play there again in a hurray. not ever again, big difference.