Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

Why GIBBO was suspended,...

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

surrenders wrote:

mick james']Mate you missed it, but SIA is also a serial alias user who went way beyond the realm of acceptable behaviour in a response to Mummy.

I understand that there's a rule about banned members not being able to return, but add me to the list of peeps who's going to miss Mummy's posts.

Fear not though, he will return eventually as someone else......

LOL I hope he comes back!  How do you know someone is using an alias?  SIA was a little different and she and Mummy would go back forth with each other sometimes.  Sorry I missed  it.

Mummy will be greatly missed - luckily I am in contact with him on other sites etc.... He was great, and I believe that he was unfarily targeted in the past under his previous name. I have a great afternoon in Ireland with him last year and he is a straighforward, honest and very funny man.

I don't know the guy in person like you Zhiv, but I feel the same.

I missed the drama over the weekend, but I must say I agree with Baja and the other mods. We have rules for a reason, and you agree to them when you sign up. They're always available for you to have a look at, and if you have questions, you can contact the mods. You abuse the rules repeatedly, and/or disrespect others, you SHOULD be banned for awhile, or permanently, depending on the circumstances. A little profanity to make your point is fine, but excessive use of it is just uncalled for. Bottom line is, act like an adult here, and you won't have anything to worry about... it's that simple.

Hey Baja, why the heavy hand? How come you didn't have this type of moderating in the Vertigo zoo? The Vertigo zoo was mental compared to this one! Profanity ecspecialy on the free side was used on a consistant daily basis.

Trolls were spamming the first three pages of the sub and free side for several months. People were offended left and right. Complaints were made and the immediate responses were sugar coated giving offenders the benefit of the doubt.

It's the same TOA on the old zoo as it is here, yet, you did less enforecement of the TOA back then. Please explain the difference and please don't insult my observations and intelligence that you were doing the same back then. Because you didn't.

Please explain why the admitted tolerance for profanity as of now in the Aussie folder/threads. If the TOA is the same for everyone that includes them regardless if that's the way they communicate.. You say fans from other countries don't approve of the profanity. Yet, if they went into those threads, they would be offended. You stated you have a "hands off" attitude, but it comes across a tad hypocritical if you ask me and others.

Hey Baja, why the heavy hand? How come you didn't have this type of moderating in the Vertigo zoo? The Vertigo zoo was mental compared to this one! Profanity ecspecialy on the free side was used on a consistant daily basis.

Trolls were spamming the first three pages of the sub and free side for several months. People were offended left and right. Complaints were made and the immediate responses were sugar coated giving offenders the benefit of the doubt.

It's the same TOA on the old zoo as it is here, yet, you did less enforecement of the TOA back then. Please explain the difference and please don't insult my observations and intelligence that you were doing the same back then. Because you didn't.

Please explain why the admitted tolerance for profanity as of now in the Aussie folder/threads. If the TOA is the same for everyone that includes them regardless if that's the way they communicate.. You say fans from other countries don't approve of the profanity. Yet, if they went into those threads, they would be offended. You stated you have a "hands off" attitude, but it comes across a tad hypocritical if you ask me and others.

The differences are that the Vertigo ZOO only had the technical capability of banning (permanent removal) of a user and it could only be done by u2.com site admin. So I (after being put in charge) had to justify with absolutely zero doubt that someone was beyond keeping. Many of the issues were more a constantly pushing the limits and did not warrant a permanent removal, but more of a suspension which at that time was not possible. I kept asking for the power, but was told that since a new site was coming it would be included in it (which is why Free was in the state it was) and I had to wait (a bit it turned out).

This new format is more flexible and allows for suspensions (temporary removal of access) which can be used as a deterrent so as not to get to that craziness you mentioned. This way instead of removing people permanently they are first given suggestions, then if they do not mind they get warnings, and if there is no other recourse we move to suspensions. Banning is the last resort. All these actions also have to be fully documented, as I did not want arbitrary bannings to happen as before, or after (if/when) I  left the position.

Also, in this version, site Forum Admins can do these things, so it allows us to address issues as they happen, instead of having to email site admin and request removals. This way the lag is minimal between breaking of the TOS and enforcement

For the other part, we have more people do to the Tour,(compared to pre-NLOTH & 360) so Admin wanted a better situation, and lastly I was the only one at that time and could do only so much, which is why we brought Bigwave in as he joined at the end of the Vertigo Zoo. And why we have Max, Lemon and will probably add one or 2 more.

Again, as I had said multiple times, we know everyone curses here and there (which is what the Aussies do), but constant a/o excessive use of profanity is not allowed (which the Aussies do not do) hence the perceived difference . The paid section, (with the exception of General The Real World) usually self polices itself, if someone gets out of hand the more active users tell the person to cool it and it usually works, and if they don't users either report it or ask me (or another mod) to intervene.

For the record, everyone is subject to the same rules, even the mods. If I implied otherwise, that was my mistake.

The Free side tends to attracts aliases and trolls, so we keep a more constant eye on it. It's not hypocritical its common sense. Regretfully both General folders (free primarily) have people that think that they can swear up a storm and that it is their right. Just like you have rules in your home, and I don't question those, there are rules here, and its my [and the other mods] job to enforce them. If i went to your place and dropped a f-bomb it might not be a big deal, but if I continually cursed up a storm you would probably tell me to cool it, and if I did not I probably would be asked to leave. Same here.

I hope this clears it up the alleged bias.

Baja

[quote name='Panth wrote:

surrenders wrote:

barbara1']agree very much with surrender. but mummy = weibeda. he even posted pics from his weibeda-period posing with other fans outside a concert. but he said as weibeda he never harrassed someone, or hacked or 'stalked'. but there was this other character in the old zoo, who did do all this and some thought that was him too. he strongly denied.

That was it Barbara, thanks for clarifying it. I remember he went to great lengths to prove his 'innocence'.  Why was he banned?  This really pisses me off.

If the concern is people under 17 reading cuss words on here, I've got news for ya, most of those kiddies can swear better then most adults, and do.  If it's such a problem, create a forum for under 17 year olds, but the  majority of people here are adults and a 'G' rated site is no fun.  As far disrespecting mods, come on, we all deal with enough crap in the real world.  Bosses who treat you like crap, kids, spouses, the world in general pushes us around enough to 'conform' who the hell needs it from an artists website.  Someone cusses you out, big whoop, ignore it and move on.  The more you push, the more some people push back.  It's a freakin message board, if you don't like what's being said on a thread, stay away from it and read something else.

Where's the explanation of why Mummy and SIA and Basher are gone?

Could care less about gibbo, he's on ignore as are two others. But why is Basher gone?

lol.....cheers Panth love you as well mate but not in a gay way.

i got banned for excessive use of sweary words mate fair do's i suppose i was warned....

as for Gibbo i jumped in straight away to defend him as he's a real good mate of mine but with hindsight i was a tad quick with it as he was a bit of a naughty boy...lol.

dunno why you got him on ignore mate he's a top lad is Gibbo

oh and btw....i didn't realise that Security in whatever it is was the person it was...lighthearted/sterling/friendinpeace i think as well that one's a total nutjob btw

Again, as I had said multiple times, we know everyone curses here and there (which is what the Aussies do),
but constant a/o excessive use of profanity is not allowed
(which the Aussies do not do) hence the perceived difference . 

on behalf of "them", I think its fair to say pretty much none of the rest of you visit us in the basement so I dont see how the odd swear word would offend any of you. We also pretty much all know each other in person and we speak to each other as we would in person.

So if any of you would really like to be offended by us, at least stop by our thread so we can really give you something to be offended about roll.gif

PS - parts of the above is Australian humour............if you're not laughing, please dont even bother to reply....thankstongue.gif

[quote name='aussiegirl wrote:

Bajagirl']

Again, as I had said multiple times, we know everyone curses here and there (which is what the Aussies do),
but constant a/o excessive use of profanity is not allowed
(which the Aussies do not do) hence the perceived difference . 

on behalf of "them", I think its fair to say pretty much none of the rest of you visit us in the basement so I dont see how the odd swear word would offend any of you. We also pretty much all know each other in person and we speak to each other as we would in person., thanks  

So if any of you would really like to be offended by us, at least stop by our thread so we can really give you something to be offended about roll.gif

PS - parts of the above is Australian humour............if you're not laughing, please dont even bother to  replytongue.gif
tongue.gif