Why GIBBO was suspended,...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Nope, because THEY DONT POST in here. What you do outside of the ZOO is your business, what they do is theirs. For the record, we have had some crew come and post and I did have to speak to them. And yeah, I would tell them [u2] to tone it down, but as I have not seen them in here for a bit, there is no need.

Realy????? You would tell U2 to tone it down??????roll.gif

they may not post in here, but is it fair that they post videos on the main subs page with them using foul language? well Bono anyway.. surely it's double standards.. youngsters could be just as offended seeing Bono swearing as reading foul language on here...
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Max Tsukino wrote:

cathkel']

Nope, because THEY DONT POST in here. What you do outside of the ZOO is your business, what they do is theirs. For the record, we have had some crew come and post and I did have to speak to them. And yeah, I would tell them [u2] to tone it down, but as I have not seen them in here for a bit, there is no need

Realy????? You would tell U2 to tone it down??????
roll.gif

If it's needed... yes, of course....

the ToS doesn't mark any exception...

So your saying that, when it comes down to it, ye have more power then U2 on this website.

Sorry Max, i think thats ridiculous.

Regardless of ToS ,when it comes to U2.com aren't U2 at the very top of the chain!!!!!!! I find it hilarious that a Mod would feel that they have to right to tell U2 to tone it down on their own website.eek.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='cathkel wrote:

Max Tsukino wrote:

cathkel']

Nope, because THEY DONT POST in here. What you do outside of the ZOO is your business, what they do is theirs. For the record, we have had some crew come and post and I did have to speak to them. And yeah, I would tell them [u2] to tone it down, but as I have not seen them in here for a bit, there is no need

roll.gif

So your saying that, when it comes down to it, ye have more power then U2 on this website.

Regardless of ToS ,when it comes to U2.com aren't U2 at the very top of the chain!!!!!!! I find it hilarious that a Mod would feel that they have to right to tell U2 to tone it down on their own website.eek.gifI'll give any mod $1000 to put Bono in his place laugh.gif

• Community Moderator

[quote name='cathkel wrote:

Max Tsukino wrote:

cathkel']

roll.gif

No... I'm saying if that anyone is disrespectful to somebody else in the forum and doesn't follow the ToS, that person - regardless of whoever it is, including the hypothetical member of U2 of choice - would get a warning.

Simply as that...

It's your choice to think it's ridiculous...

Regardless of ToS ,when it comes to U2.com aren't U2 at the very top of the chain!!!!!!!

Yes... but that doesn't necessarily gives them the privilege to abuse the language and/or conduct them disrespectfully towards anyone...

Just as hypothetical discussions about how, when and why the band uses some form of language doesn't open the road to anyone to use and abuse the language in the forum.

I find it hilarious that a Mod would feel that they have to right to tell U2 to tone it down on their own website.eek.gif
It's ok if you find hilarious...

I do believe that any member of U2 can - and would - conduct himself properly in the forum. So in that respect, I seriously doubt any moderation would be needed.

Yes, there's the possibility that Bono, Edge, Larry and/or Adam - or Mr McGuinnes - would use profanity, should they decide to participate in the forum in any way, shape or form... But - as it has been explained endlessly before - it all goes into context: there's a whole lot of difference between "fuck the revolution" and "fuck max tsukino"...

In the end, we could spend and waste a lot of time having hypothetical discussions about what U2 would say or wouldn't say if they come here or what the mod team would do or wouldn't don't do if they say certain words... That's not the real issue...

• Subscriber

[quote name='Max Tsukino wrote:

cathkel wrote:

Max Tsukino']If it's needed... yes, of course....

No... I'm saying if that anyone is disrespectful to somebody else in the forum and doesn't follow the ToS, that person - regardless of whoever it is, including the hypothetical member of U2 of choice - would get a warning.

Simply as that...

It's your choice to think it's ridiculous...

Regardless of ToS ,when it comes to U2.com aren't U2 at the very top of the chain!!!!!!!

Yes... but that doesn't necessarily gives them the privilege to abuse the language and/or conduct them disrespectfully towards anyone...

Just as hypothetical discussions about how, when and why the band uses some form of language doesn't open the road to anyone to use and abuse the language in the forum.

I find it hilarious that a Mod would feel that they have to right to tell U2 to tone it down on their own website.
eek.gif

It's ok if you find hilarious...

I do believe that any member of U2 can - and would - conduct himself properly in the forum. So in that respect, I seriously doubt any moderation would be needed.

Yes, there's the possibility that Bono, Edge, Larry and/or Adam - or Mr McGuinnes - would use profanity, should they decide to participate in the forum in any way, shape or form... But - as it has been explained endlessly before - it all goes into context: there's a whole lot of difference between "fuck the revolution" and "fuck max tsukino"...

In the end, we could spend and waste a lot of time having hypothetical discussions about what U2 would say or wouldn't say if they come here or what the mod team would do or wouldn't don't do if they say certain words... That's not the real issue...

Potentially there is a extremely slight possiblity that the band could actually get band from their own website. Have to re-call the site Nou2.comtongue.gif