Why GIBBO was suspended,...

[quote name='Max Tsukino wrote:

cathkel wrote:

Max Tsukino']Yes, there's the possibility that Bono, Edge, Larry and/or Adam - or Mr McGuinnes - would use profanity, should they decide to participate in the forum in any way, shape or form... But - as it has been explained endlessly before - it all goes into context: there's a whole lot of difference between "fuck the revolution" and "fuck max tsukino"... 

Uh oh! You fucked yourself out of it there, Max.  I think you need to be banned for a month.  Can you do that yourself or do you need another mod to do it for you?
roll.gif
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

Max Tsukino wrote:

cathkel']So your saying that, when it comes down to it, ye have more power then U2 on this website.

No... I'm saying if that anyone is disrespectful to somebody else in the forum and doesn't follow the ToS, that person - regardless of whoever it is, including the hypothetical member of U2 of choice - would get a warning.

Simply as that...

Sorry Max, i think thats ridiculous.

It's your choice to think it's ridiculous...

Regardless of ToS ,when it comes to U2.com aren't U2 at the very top of the chain!!!!!!!

Yes... but that doesn't necessarily gives them the privilege to abuse the language and/or conduct them disrespectfully towards anyone...

Just as hypothetical discussions about how, when and why the band uses some form of language doesn't open the road to anyone to use and abuse the language in the forum.

I find it hilarious that a Mod would feel that they have to right to tell U2 to tone it down on their own website.
eek.gif

It's ok if you find hilarious...

I do believe that any member of U2 can - and would - conduct himself properly in the forum. So in that respect, I seriously doubt any moderation would be needed.

Yes, there's the possibility that Bono, Edge, Larry and/or Adam - or Mr McGuinnes - would use profanity, should they decide to participate in the forum in any way, shape or form... But - as it has been explained endlessly before - it all goes into context: there's a whole lot of difference between "fuck the revolution" and "fuck max tsukino"...

In the end, we could spend and waste a lot of time having hypothetical discussions about what U2 would say or wouldn't say if they come here or what the mod team would do or wouldn't don't do if they say certain words... That's not the real issue...

Potentially there is a extremely slight possiblity that the band could actually get band from their own website. Have to re-call the site Nou2.comtongue.gif

It already IS Nou2.com.  

• Subscriber

[quote name='bonosbaby25 wrote:

cathkel']

Nope, because THEY DONT POST in here. What you do outside of the ZOO is your business, what they do is theirs. For the record, we have had some crew come and post and I did have to speak to them. And yeah, I would tell them [u2] to tone it down, but as I have not seen them in here for a bit, there is no need

Realy????? You would tell U2 to tone it down??????
roll.gif

they may not post in here, but is it fair that they post videos on the main subs page with them using foul language? well Bono anyway.. surely it's double standards.. youngsters could be just as offended seeing Bono swearing as reading foul language on here...

Bonosbaby, cathkel only copied one part of the answer, the second part pf that paragraph is this:

And AGAIN, excessive or constant use of profanity is the problem, not an occasional word here or there, and I have yet to hear any member of U2 swear up a storm in any of their videos, writings or interviews.

And for fairness, sorry you feel that way. The mods enforce the rules that are set for the forum, want them to change,?  talk to U2, Principle Management and Live Nation.

Baja

Jesus.. this place is turning into the Third Reich. I'm glad I didn't renew..

Lol cuz I used this mindset to slag off on some people here a page or two back.

So you can't cuss up a storm, deal with it or foad.
  • Subscriber

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

bonosbaby25 wrote:

cathkel']

Nope, because THEY DONT POST in here. What you do outside of the ZOO is your business, what they do is theirs. For the record, we have had some crew come and post and I did have to speak to them. And yeah, I would tell them [u2] to tone it down, but as I have not seen them in here for a bit, there is no need

Realy????? You would tell U2 to tone it down??????
roll.gif

they may not post in here, but is it fair that they post videos on the main subs page with them using foul language? well Bono anyway.. surely it's double standards.. youngsters could be just as offended seeing Bono swearing as reading foul language on here...

Bonosbaby, cathkel only copied one part of the answer, the second part pf that paragraph is this:

And AGAIN, excessive or constant use of profanity is the problem, not an occasional word here or there, and I have yet to hear any member of U2 swear up a storm in any of their videos, writings or interviews.

And for fairness, sorry you feel that way. The mods enforce the rules that are set for the forum, want them to change,?  talk to U2, Principle Management and Live Nation.

Baja

I'm not saying that I want the rules of the forum to change.. I do agree with them.. I just feel that it was kinda bad timing that that particular video was posted just after Gibbo was suspended.. I mean.. it was obvious that the vid had been edited.. why was it edited to include Bono swearing like that? I'm not a prude.. I swear sometimes.. but surely it made this whole daft episode even more ridiculous? I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just think it's hypocritical to have Bono swearing on the same website that has suspended a member for something similar.. (and I do understand it was more than just one time for Gibbo, so I'm not in any way condoning him)

PS. One of the reasons there is no chat is because if peeps cannot follow the rules in the forum, which is moderated, there is no way a chat will be allowed. Something to keep in mind. That's why the cover it live chat is moderated and shut off 

Okay, just jumping in here because this is one of the features of the old Zoo that I miss the most...the chatroom...and the excuse that it can't be moderated is a weak argument for me.

There were very few problems with the chat...there were several rooms and if a troll stumbled in we could move to another room or in the very rare instance give them the boot -- myself and a couple other Zootopians had the ability to moderate the chat and boot out troublemakers and only did it on a couple occassions when the person really wasn't there to chat, but to stir things up.  We had fun discussions, all out debates, and downright hillarious antics...the problems were few and I know because I spent A LOT of time in chat.  And I think one of the benefits of a live chat is that there isn't a thread there (like this one) to live on forever for people to keep going back to, to make screen caps of, to copy and send out to friends, etc. There is something to be said for a real time chat...sometimes things don't get so out of hand.

I know commenting on this is all in vain...I'll keep chatting about U2 on  other sites besides the official one.

• Subscriber

[quote name='U2mom wrote:

Bajagirl']
PS. One of the reasons there is no chat is because if peeps cannot follow the rules in the forum, which is moderated, there is no way a chat will be allowed. Something to keep in mind. That's why the cover it live chat is moderated and shut off 

Okay, just jumping in here because this is one of the features of the old Zoo that I miss the most...the chatroom...and the excuse that it can't be moderated is a weak argument for me.

There were very few problems with the chat...there were several rooms and if a troll stumbled in we could move to another room or in the very rare instance give them the boot -- myself and a couple other Zootopians had the ability to moderate the chat and boot out troublemakers and only did it on a couple occassions when the person really wasn't there to chat, but to stir things up.  We had fun discussions, all out debates, and downright hillarious antics...the problems were few and I know because I spent A LOT of time in chat.  And I think one of the benefits of a live chat is that there isn't a thread there (like this one) to live on forever for people to keep going back to, to make screen caps of, to copy and send out to friends, etc. There is something to be said for a real time chat...sometimes things don't get so out of hand.

I know commenting on this is all in vain...I'll keep chatting about U2 on  other sites besides the official one. Oh my goodness Mom, how much time did we spend in there!!!!!  Made some life long friends in there ........

There was a private chat button too, where you could talk one on one to someone ........ I had used it a couple of times to tell people to calm down .......... and Sysop bless him did do a good job to keep us under control ........ Greg always at the bottom ......... but it was very much self moderating, we knew the younger people on there and would keep swear words to a minimum OK if someone was going to say the F word it was most typed out as fook and the chat moved so fast that to really see it you would of have to scroll up ....... if there was a disagreement between different people they used to go off in another room or we used to ignore it and let them get on with it ....... there used to be about 5 different conversations going on at the same time .........
Just remembering how many times I came home drunk on a Friday night and fall asleep on the keyboard, and Blind stuffing towels under her door so she could smoke in her room ........ one Saturday night I drank a bottle of fizzy wine and then a litre of Baileys ......... I haven't drank Baileys since lol ...........
How long did it take us to leave the chat, if you need to go at say 9pm you would have to start saying bye at 7pm ....... how many ruined dinners were there as a result of Chat ........ 
I think Mee2 from Spain was one of our youngest people on there as a regular think she was about 12 at the time and some of the stuff that was on the message boards would have got people banned for life ........
Just my 2 pence worth .......... I do miss those times although it will take a bit of time to get back into the swing of mastering keeping on top of 5 different conversations again