Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

Why GIBBO was suspended,...

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

Redhead11']Wait. I'm confused. What did Mummy do?

Mummy was apparently the third or fourth reincarnation of a permanently banned zootop. That is my understanding of why he was banned.

eek.gif

whoa.
 I guess you just can't trust people these days hahaha
but hey, he must love U2 or he wouldn't have made these many profiles

[quote name='hornswaggle wrote:

tracy c.']Gibbo is/was a National Treasure...I miss him so. U2.com did away with him forever more.

Is he the skinny one in that picture of yours then?

LOL...that would be me.

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

MrsFish']I have a question. If the use of profanity is frowned upon and posts removed because of it, why isn't there a filter on the boards?!

We have tried that, and members will use other words, different spellings and such to get around the filter, plus it seems childish and only makes members post more.

Plus from what I remember the filter had a list of words it just automatically censored and didn't take context into account, so some words that have tame variations were getting censored which made the posts look worse than the statment's actual intent. Like if I had written, "I need to go to the doctor's later so he can prick my finger," it came out as "I need to go to the doctor's later so he can [CENSORED] my finger."  Whcih would really make people wonder about what kinda doctor I'm going tolaugh.gif

[quote name='North Bowman wrote:

hornswaggle wrote:

tracy c.']Gibbo is/was a National Treasure...I miss him so. U2.com did away with him forever more.

Is he the skinny one in that picture of yours then?

LOL...that would be me.Bowman's about twice Gibbo's height. laugh.gif

(the Gibbo jokes really don't work anymore when he's not here to call me a horse's arse for making 'em and threatening to head-butt me in the ghoulies)

[quote name='TCarlin5 wrote:

Bajagirl wrote:

MrsFish']I have a question. If the use of profanity is frowned upon and posts removed because of it, why isn't there a filter on the boards?!

We have tried that, and members will use other words, different spellings and such to get around the filter, plus it seems childish and only makes members post more.

Plus from what I remember the filter had a list of words it just automatically censored and didn't take context into account, so some words that have tame variations were getting censored which made the posts look worse than the statment's actual intent. Like if I had written, "I need to go to the doctor's later so he can prick my finger," it came out as "I need to go to the doctor's later so he can [CENSORED] my finger."  Whcih would really make people wonder about what kinda doctor I'm going tolaugh.gif

lol