Every breaking wave

wahine

I wish U2 would play that song Every Breaking Wave, I loved how it came out when they played it live in Europe, I just would really like to hear it during this part of the tour and see if it has changed at all.

• Subscriber

I wish U2 would play that song Every Breaking Wave, I loved how it came out when they played it live in Europe, I just would really like to hear it during this part of the tour and see if it has changed at all.
You're just full of good ideas today, Jan!  I really, really like that song a lot and hope for a recording of it at some point.  Maybe they will play it for us in Miami. 

• Subscriber

I had a chace to hear it live last summer... and it's a great song. In fact, all of the new songs are great, imho...

• Subscriber

[quote name='Kristaps wrote:

wahine']I wish U2 would play that song Every Breaking Wave, I loved how it came out when they played it live in Europe, I just would really like to hear it during this part of the tour and see if it has changed at all.

I had a chace to hear it live last summer... and it's a great song. In fact, all of the new songs are great, imho...Was that in Helsinki, Kris?  I have the clip from YouTube saved on my phone.  It is such a lovely showcase of voices and simple guitar.  Very nice you got to hear it live.smile.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='birdsong wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

wahine']I wish U2 would play that song Every Breaking Wave, I loved how it came out when they played it live in Europe, I just would really like to hear it during this part of the tour and see if it has changed at all.

I had a chace to hear it live last summer... and it's a great song. In fact, all of the new songs are great, imho...
Was that in Helsinki, Kris?  I have the clip from YouTube saved on my phone.  It is such a lovely showcase of voices and simple guitar.  Very nice you got to hear it live.smile.gif

It was debuted in Helsinki 2, the best U2 show I've ever attended to, all of the new songs are great, but Every Breaking Wave is just magical.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mariacm wrote:

birdsong wrote:

Kristaps']

Was that in Helsinki, Kris?  I have the clip from YouTube saved on my phone.  It is such a lovely showcase of voices and simple guitar.  Very nice you got to hear it live.eek.gif when EBW was played. It felt specail because it was the first hearing of it, its not often you hear a song for the first time at a concert.

• Subscriber

[quote name=utwothefly wrote:

mariacm wrote:
birdsong]Was that in Helsinki, Kris?  I have the clip from YouTube saved on my phone.  It is such a lovely showcase of voices and simple guitar.  Very nice you got to hear it live.eek.gif when EBW was played. It felt specail because it was the first hearing of it, its not often you hear a song for the first time at a concert.

I've been very lucky with this band, I've been present at many debuts, from Spanish Eyes back in 1987 in my first show to all the new songs from last summer, you're are right, it is always very special when you get the first hearing of a song live, but this show was something more for me, it was really surprising, the first big changes in the setlist, they played IWF and Pride, as you've said, but also it was the only appearance of No Line with a semi-acustic version I love, I think I can remember a long snippet of Amazing Grace with Bono on guitar before Streets, but I'm not sure it was this day. The day before there have been some technical problems with the screen and the show started about half an hour later than expected, then Bono's mic failed in the middle of MS, I think the band wanted to compensate the audience next day, it was Bono's wedding anniversary and most of their families were there, you could feel an infectious happiness coming from the band and maybe I was in a very good mood because I had met the band before going to the stadium, I don't know what it was exactly, but I can tell you that in my mind it is the best show I've ever attended to, because I didn't feel like audience, I felt part of a very special moment with a very special synergy.
From this day I can completely understand what Bono says about his hair at the back of his head.

• Subscriber

[quote name='mariacm wrote:

utwothefly wrote:

mariacm']It was debuted in Helsinki 2, the best U2 show I've ever attended to, all of the new songs are great, but Every Breaking Wave is just magical.

Ill remember that show for EBW... it was a surprising show at the time as IWF was played for the first time on the 360 tour and Pride also if i rememeber right. I was
eek.gif
 when EBW was played. It felt specail because it was the first hearing of it, its not often you hear a song for the first time at a concert.

I've been very lucky with this band, I've been present at many debuts, from Spanish Eyes back in 1987 in my first show to all the new songs from last summer, you're are right, it is always very special when you get the first hearing of a song live, but this show was something more for me, it was really surprising, the first big changes in the setlist, they played IWF and Pride, as you've said, but also it was the only appearance of No Line with a semi-acustic version I love, I think I can remember a long snippet of Amazing Grace with Bono on guitar before Streets, but I'm not sure it was this day. The day before there have been some technical problems with the screen and the show started about half an hour later than expected, then Bono's mic failed in the middle of MS, I think the band wanted to compensate the audience next day, it was Bono's wedding anniversary and most of their families were there, you could feel an infectious happiness coming from the band and maybe I was in a very good mood because I had met the band before going to the stadium, I don't know what it was exactly, but I can tell you that in my mind it is the best show I've ever attended to, because I didn't feel like audience, I felt part of a very special moment with a very special synergy.
From this day I can completely understand what Bono says about his hair at the back of his head.

How did i forget nloth acoustic, that was a great moment as well. It was 2 good shows as between them we got to hear most of the new songs except Mercy which i got lucky to hear in Paris. I doubt EBW will be played alot if at all now, although they may drop NS for EBW for tonight or another one of the new songs. Its interesting that they are starting with EBTTRT, its seems like a fantastic opener from the youtube clips ive seen. Im hoping for a few changes for Glastonbury and 'real thing' would be amazing!!!. Meeting the band first then getting that show must have been a great experience. I might have to stay up tonight to see what they playhappy.gif