Glastonbury Plans - Update 28 March 2011

bigwave

• Community Manager

(This is a copy of a thread started in the subs section, opening up now to free side)

I realise there are a few Glasto threads running, but wanted to try and gauge the numbers of folk here who will be going this year. Some of you may have tickets already, or be working there as volunteers/staff, and some may be awaiting the Spring ticket release that Glasonbury do (details here).

Any planned meetups? Pre/post show parties? Is there a desire to want to do something more official, Zootopia tent / meeting place perhaps (anyone want to volunteer to help organise that?)

Are you a tweeter or blogger who can keep us updated of your Glastonbury experience, as it happens?

If you are not going, do you know someone else who is going who you can keep in touch with during the event, and update us first hand of whats going on?

With extensive broadcasting of Glastonbury usually done by the BBC here in the UK, and usually available worldwide in some format or other, this is one show we can probably guarantee that there will be excellent live online coverage of, so even if you are not going, it would be great to be able to share and present here some of the initiatives fans may be doing - online, at the event, at home (Glasto Parties anyone?)

Over to you....

Update 28 March..

Ticket resale info now up on Glasto site - you need to register BEFORE Friday 8th april to have a chance at buying.

Roll Call - list of who is going (from posts in this thread, will update as names are added) :

Zhivvy

utwothefly

agt

bonosbaby25 + Liverpool Liz

gibbo1968

AJ2 (undecided...)

suman1

MrsFish (+ MrFish)

kavanbJDE

louie40

Mark Taylor

chriswba

gloria1970

ade1972

emmaking

ajsearls

thegrockinthefrock

aardvark2005

abla_91

mickos

madameboo

BevFrance

aardvark2005

Mr Brightside

Maggie
Lumacy
Exist

jonnyrwez

mullendrums

lance Saulis

detonator

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I will be there and I will be tweeting - for as long as my phone battery will last lol!

Would be great to have a meet up with other Zootops - I know there is a group on facebook of Zootops going to glastonbury.

• Subscriber

I'm going and will be getting a lift part way from the very kind Zhivvy as my mates are shafting me and going early. Not Tweeting, Facebooking or anything else! The Battery life on my iPhone is crap so it won't hold out more than 4 Hrs with constant internet use.

I have however bought a new Sony Cyber Shot DSC-HX5 camera with 2 extra battries and 2 memory cards that cover me for around 5000 HD/35mm pictures. I've been testing it out over the last few day's and due to the wideangle lense and X10 zoom it takes a hell of a shot.

Really looking forward to meeting Zootops I've never met in person. The Glastonbury date should be in the tour section and something official would be nice.

• Subscriber

I will be there and I will be tweeting - for as long as my phone battery will last lol!

Would be great to have a meet up with other Zootops - I know there is a group on facebook of Zootops going to glastonbury.

Is it a private group??????????????????

• Subscriber

I'll be there.. along with Mr and Mrs Fish, Mullendrums, Jonnywrez, Gibbo.. same as last year (apart from Gibbo) I won't be tweeting or facebooking.. spose I'm a bit selfish, but the only thing I use my phone for at Glasto is to phone home.. sorry..

I hope to meet other zootops, too..

• Subscriber

[quote name='agt wrote:

Zhivvy']I will be there and I will be tweeting - for as long as my phone battery will last lol!

Is it a private group??????????????????yes just me LMAO!!! - No it isn't - it is called Zootops going to Glastonbury, i'll see if I can work out how to add people to it and add you!

• Subscriber

I'm going and will be getting a lift part way from the very kind Zhivvy as my mates are shafting me and going early. Not Tweeting, Facebooking or anything else! The Battery life on my iPhone is crap so it won't hold out more than 4 Hrs with constant internet use.

I have however bought a new Sony Cyber Shot DSC-HX5 camera with 2 extra battries and 2 memory cards that cover me for around 5000 HD/35mm pictures. I've been testing it out over the last few day's and due to the wideangle lense and X10 zoom it takes a hell of a shot.

Really looking forward to meeting Zootops I've never met in person. The Glastonbury date should be in the tour section and something official would be nice.

You may not be saying that when you have had to put up with my singing for hours tongue.giftongue.gif

I have got my camera too and hoping to take some great pics - was pleased with what my camera produced over the summer last year - although it does seem to focus on bums!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• Subscriber

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

agt']I'm going and will be getting a lift part way from the very kind Zhivvy as my mates are shafting me and going early. Not Tweeting, Facebooking or anything else! The Battery life on my iPhone is crap so it won't hold out more than 4 Hrs with constant internet use.

You may not be saying that when you have had to put up with my singing for hours tongue.giftongue.gif

I have got my camera too and hoping to take some great pics - was pleased with what my camera produced over the summer last year - although it does seem to focus on bums!!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I replaced my old Sony camera with a Fuji which ended up being a nightmare! The bloody batteries kept falling out right the way through the Paris show, also the zoom was really poor which left me to bin a lot of photo's due to blur.

Well prepared this time though.

• Subscriber

I replaced my old Sony camera with a Fuji which ended up being a nightmare! The bloody batteries kept falling out right the way through the Paris show, also the zoom was really poor which left me to bin a lot of photo's due to blur.

Well prepared this time though.

I have my lumix and I love it so much! And it has a great battery on it so should last the whole weekend - although to be honest only want it to work for certain on the Friday night!!!! happy.gif