• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zhivvy

• suee

• caz63

• 123love

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

63854....I liked the book, I read it earlier this year and just finished the second one........and btw...people don't live there any more.......I'll look for a pix...just for fun !!

• Subscriber

63856 Hi Zhivvy, Polly, how are you both ? Life style in those countries are really interesting Polly, I read something a little on that recently.. Spoilt myself today and bought an Italian hot chocolate, and lemon Miringue, I know bad but my body was dying for something sweet, and Im really happy got to cuddle my doggy, he's forgiving me I think because he's been cuddling me lately, I thought it was not going to happen.. Kids are home and everyone was watching the voice whilst I just listened to the radio and did some writting a little reading and and a shower washed my hair, and now im ready for sleep.. but im not tired, full of energy, not surprising haha..

• Subscriber

63856.....At the settlement of Iceland and until the middle of the 20th century the area was populated by the toughest of Icelandic fishermen and craftsmen. Many of them making their livelihood from crafting unsurpassed vessels for the North Atlantic Ocean. Hornstrandir is now empty of permanent settlers but their abandoned homes and workshops are scattered around the area, nestled deep in the fjords and valleys.

https://www.inmagine.com/...hterms/hornstrandir.html

http://www.iceland-travel...ds/picsfrom-hornstrandir

these pictures are all taken in the summer time...so imagin winter !!

63857 wow polly those areas look pretty stark, especially the second link

have you or anyone you know gone hiking there in the summer..to explore all of the old buildings and structures?

thanks for posting those...

what ever happened with all of those volcanoes?

• Subscriber

63858 - those pics are beautiful Polly. Very bleak and Stark like Spicy says.

• Subscriber

63859 Lovely pics Polly, I really love streams, creeks and waterfalls, my own little home paradise I wish to have at least one of those, without snakes lol