Champions League matches 18/19 Aug Celtic/Rangers

joseph129

Just a thought especialy if you are a football fan, do any of these dates conflict with the concert dates for Glasgow

Glasgow Hampden Park 18 Aug

Celtic/Rangers Possible Play-off round, 1st leg 18/19 Aug

If both teams make the play of, surely something has to be rearranged, can you imagine the number of persons in Glasgow on the 18 Aug

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/format/newsid=788373.html

Hopefully Celtic will get knocked out anyway. Do they both have to qualify then?

I'm planning to go to Hampden with a few friends - I think the stadiums are all far apart though but city centre will be mental!

ONE01 wrote:

Hopefully Celtic will get knocked out anyway. Do they both have to qualify then?

I'm planning to go to Hampden with a few friends - I think the stadiums are all far apart though but city centre will be mental!

If there both in the play of, then one of the team will be at home on the 18 aug.

I remember when Scot played Russia, June 18, 1982 and we won 3-0, U2 appeared on stage a little late, probably becase there was football on thetv, Scotland defeated Russia 3-0 in Euro '92. During the show the big screens showed the goals from the game with delerious cheers from the crowd!

It is really up in the air for that one. It could depend on who wins the league, who they are drawen against (may not be a big named team because its the firstround so Parkhead and Ibrox might not sell out) or if they are even drawen away for that leg. Another thing is that Strathclyde police have already looked intoit and it may strain the force with the size of the gig and the matches. Just a thought!

I'm a season ticket holder at Parkhead and either way, ticket permitting, its the U2 gig for me!banana.gif

ONE01 wrote:

Parkhead is quite close to Hampden, much closer than Ibrox!