Sci-fi album ?

nazhira

U2′s sci-fi sound

Published on april 7, 2011 by basse  Â· No Comments

U2′s next album will be “sci-fiâ€. 

u2-300x167.jpgThe ‘With or Without You’ group, fronted by singer Bono, worked with Lady Gaga producer RedOne on tracks for their next record, resulting in a “futuristic†sound.

RedOne said: “Bono described the album as ‘futuristic’. U2 going sci-fi or something, that’s how he described it.

“We’ve put down a few ideas, but we don’t know how many will end up on there.

“They have a very special way of working. A song is never done until the day before it comes out almost, so you never know.â€

Despite his work with ‘Born This Way’ hitmaker Gaga being mainly synthesiser led, the producer added the new material with U2 – which also includes guitarist The Edge, bass player Adam Clayton and drummer Larry Mullen – will be guitar based.

He added to Billboard.com: “I’m a guitar player, so it was just me and Bono and Edge playing guitar, exchanging melodies. We were just like musicians jamming. I loved it.â€

RedOne’s tracks are most likely to appear on a new “club†record the group are working on, which is they have said is separate to a new rock album the band are writing called ‘Songs Of Ascent’ and the soundtrack to the ‘Spiderman: Turn off the Dark’ musical, which was written by The Edge and Bono.

http://www.gozzip.biz/music/u2s-sci-fi-sound

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first reaction upon reading that headline:  "Oh Lord, U2 are gonna re-record that War of the Worlds album!" 

You know, the one from 1978.  Total bongload of an album.  Also:  Sci + fi. 

I'd bet my last pair of shoes that at least one member of U2 owns a copy of that one. 

-- eaplatt

This is probably the album that Bono said The Edge will be the star on. The guitar-driven album....and it would make sense to be described as 'sci-fi'. After all, it's The Edge. He's probably got some cool new sounds. It could be sounding like HMTMKMKM and Boy Falls From The Sky. Looking forward to this! It would also be interesting if a new tour comes out of this....new stage design, etc....like Love Town, Elevation/Vertigo arena/stadium setups.

This is probably the album that Bono said The Edge will be the star on. The guitar-driven album....and it would make sense to be described as 'sci-fi'. After all, it's The Edge. He's probably got some cool new sounds. It could be sounding like HMTMKMKM and Boy Falls From The Sky. Looking forward to this! It would also be interesting if a new tour comes out of this....new stage design, etc....like Love Town, Elevation/Vertigo arena/stadium setups.
edge is the star on guitar!!

I want it, got to have it, really need it!!

• Subscriber

I know this has appeared on Billboard this month, but I'm not that sure they aren't revamping an interview a few months old, because I think I can remember RedOne saying something on the same lines when we still thought there was a possibility of having the album in May.