For anyone whos been to a show...

uniquebeat

Is there merchandise awesome? I havent been to a show yet but I will next month on the 24! eek.gif
yes its awesome. there were merch carts outside the stadium and inside as well.

come with cash to get the transaction through  faster, and I advise buying stuff you really like as soon as possbile, bc stuff  I wanted was sold out after I came back during a bathroom break!

(they did take plastic, but it was taking a long time to go through)

Bring an extra canvas bag to put your merch in too to keep it in nice shape.

Also note that the posters are sold without any cardboard tubing to protect them from bending. so if you want one, be prepared to figure out a way to carry them. My strategy was to wait until the show was over and pick one up on my way out so i could hold it and keep it from bending.

ha ha, it was too late, bc although all of the vendors stayed open for a little while after the show, all of the cool posters were sold out by then.

gee, since so much sold out, I guess it was awesome!

answer your question?smile.gif

• Subscriber

Well... the t shirt I bought from the merchandise stand at the Giants stadium show wasn't all that awesome. I didn't realize until after I'd gotten back to my room after the show that it had a couple holes in it and it was rather shabby. They sell all the same tour merchandise here in the U2 shop as well.

• Subscriber
not awesome...just stuff with writing on it...the shirts are different, some were Edun...some not...it's all overpriced...enjoy

laugh.gif got to agree. edun shirts btw are way smaller than the size on the tag because of the flimsy material makes a way tighter fit. like what was said, most of everything there is in the shop, but then you'll have to deal with fanfire. good luck with that! all of it is way overpriced so Live Nation gets there fill..

• Subscriber
not awesome...just stuff with writing on it...the shirts are different, some were Edun...some not...it's all overpriced...enjoy

laugh.gif got to agree. edun shirts btw are way smaller than the size on the tag because of the flimsy material makes a way tighter fit. like what was said, most of everything there is in the shop, but then you'll have to deal with fanfire. good luck with that! all of it is way overpriced so Live Nation gets there fill..

• Subscriber

• 3 weeks later...

uniquebeat, take heart...i and many of my friends got really cool gear at the concerts...

maybe it was just the location and the vendors we had, but there was a ton of good stuff in chicago..

just keep your eyes open for merch outside the venue and inside as well.

not all the merch carts had the same stuff....

you will have a great time and be elevated for sure.

the u2 experience will make for a grand memory of a lifetime!

• Subscriber

Theres been better merch in the past imo.

I bought pretty much all the accessories, and its all decent enough, the mugs/cups are nice, i got 3 different kinds from this tour alone. I bought a T and its not bad quality (punk style one).

• Subscriber

BTW dont buy from the store, the shirt i got i sent back cos the print was really bad and not central so i looked a dick in it. And sizes are not exact so try and check at the stands. Also posters from venues are rarely sold in the online store so buy at the venue if you can if you want one.