Man on the Train 2011 Larry Mullen Jr

agt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Thought it would be an idea to start a thread about Larry's new movie, which we can update as more info comes out.

Due to be released this year. What can we expect from Larry Mullen Jr?

Man on theTrain 2011 IMDB

LarryManOnTheTrain1.jpg

LarryManOnTheTrain3.jpg

bahahha Sorry I can't help but laugh at seeing Larry like this!! Quite different!roll.gifroll.gif

But I think he'll do a great job happy.gif Go Larry!!!!

• Subscriber

I'm hoping that this movie will be released in the US. I really want to see this one. And yes, Redhead, Larry does look quite different, but he's still hot! wink.gif

• Community Moderator

Some shots from the filming

35850_LMJ_Train_042610_001_122_981l.jpg

th35984_LMJ_Train_042610_009_122_22.jpg

th36051_LMJ_Train_042610_013_122_11.jpg

th36097_LMJ_Train_042610_016_122_62.jpg

You'll know me if you are in the theatre with me. I'll be crying out when the "bad guy" gets shot.

• Subscriber

You'll know me if you are in the theatre with me. I'll be crying out when the "bad guy" gets shot.

laugh.gif poor mich, its just make believe, you know... like kate sings:

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow

Unbelievable

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow

Unbelievable

When the actor reaches his death

You know it's not for real, he just holds his breath

But he always dives too soon

Too fast to save himself

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,  The first Review came out yesterday

Theremake of Patrick Leconte’s 2002 film stars Donald Sutherland and U2 drummerLarry Mullen, Jr.

CANNES  - A superb re-make ofPatrick Leconte’s 2002 film, Man on the Train is a scrumptiouslyliterate character drama. Starring Donald Sutherland and U2 drummer LarryMullen, Jr., this well-crafted entertainment’s appeal will be to a mature,intelligent demographic.

In this re-incarnation, Sutherlandstars as a retired literature professor, who, in his own parlance, seems cutout of the mold of J. Alfred Prufrock. Throughout his cautious life, he’s beena man who did not “dare to eat a peach.† Refined and restrained, he livesalone in the posh home his mother left him. Amid his books and protected by hisreserve, he is, as Eliot’s poem goes, “full of high sentence, but a bitobtuse.â€

The stale professor, however, isstirred by a chance meeting with his psychological and professional opposite, alaconic criminal (Mullen) who rides into town on a train. This mystery man isin cahoots to rob the local bank, the very day that the Professor is to haveheart surgery. Opposites do attract in this witty character study as theProfessor takes in the itinerant to stay a few days in his comfy manse.

Their polar differences spark afriendship: Each learns from the other’s point-of-view and way-of-life. UnderMary McGuckian’s perceptive hand, we’re treated to an unlikely personal bondingof two divergent personalities.

Man on the Trainis a ripe illumination, buoyed by the sterling leadperformances of Sutherland and Mullen. Sutherland lays out the rich inner lifeof a man who holds disappointment for the cautious existence he has maintained.Wondrously, the uneducated blunt stranger’s probes and blunt observations joltthe professor from his self-constraining views. From this uneducated bloke, hebecomes aware that, in his own way, he has led a rich life, albeit manifestedby his inner being.

In exchange, the detached professorenriches the straightforward criminal to an alternate appreciation of life, aswell.

Cinematographer Stefan von Bjorn’ssilken hues and production designer Jennifer Carroll’s vibrant furnishings areprecisely right for this full-bodied film.  

Venue: Cannes Film Festival

Based on the 2002 Patrick Leconte film

Cast: Donald Sutherland, Larry Mullen, Jr., Paula Boudreau, Graham Greene,Kate O’Toole, Greg Byrk, Samuel Jephcott

Director: 

Mary McGuckian