Man on the Train 2011 Larry Mullen Jr

agt

• Subscriber

[quote name='monica martino wrote:

agt']I want to see this more than I want to here a new U2 album
%3Cimg%20src=
" alt="">

me too :D

Hearing Larry saying something more then "thank you, see you soon" or "it's a musical journey" is priceless :)lol......this is awesome for Larry. Almost doesn't seem real. Really exciting to see him in a different light, movie lights!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

i wonder what cinema's this film will be shown in. if it isnt shown anywhere near where i live, i might have to get the dvd....

the reviews i have read say mullen does a decent job as an actor, normally when you hear of a musician going into acting, they normally get a bashing, but mullen is getting praise for his performance along with donald.

i wonder what cinema's this film will be shown in. if it isnt shown anywhere near where i live, i might have to get the dvd....

the reviews i have read say mullen does a decent job as an actor, normally when you hear of a musician going into acting, they normally get a bashing, but mullen is getting praise for his performance along with donald.

Yeah, they're saying Larry and Donald give 'sterling' performances.  You know Johnny Depp was a musician (still plays) before he became an actor and look how well he's done wink.gif

Mullen shows off acting talent on big screen

By Niamh Horan, Entertainment News Reporter

Sunday October 02 2011

This is the new face of U2's Larry Mullen -- who has emerged from behind the drum kit to play a thief.

Often seen as the 'quiet man' of the band, the talented musician will have to get used to a different kind of fame in his new role as a movie star.

In a remake of Patrice Leconte's acclaimed 2002 French drama Man on the Train, Mullen can be seen sporting a heavy goatie.

The movie, which co-stars Hollywood actor Donald Sutherland, sees Mullen as the mysterious criminal who rolls into a small town planning to knock off the local bank, assuming it will go off without a hitch.

But when he encounters a retired poetry professor, his plans take an unlikely turn.

With no place to stay, the professor warmly welcomes him into his home.

As the two men talk, a friendship forms between these two polar opposites, and moments of humour and kindness emerge.

Man on the Train is directed by Irish filmmaker Mary McGuckian, who, over the past few decades, has delivered star-studded films such as The Bridge of San Luis Rey, Rag Tale and Inconceivable.

And critics have already lauded the rockstar drummer, heaping praise on his acting debut, with The Hollywood Reporter remarking that the film is "a ripe illumination, buoyed by the sterling lead performances of Sutherland and Mullen".

Mullen is listed as a co-producer on the project and the drummer also helped compose the soundtrack with Simon Climie, formerly of Eighties pop group Climie Fisher.

- Niamh Horan, Entertainment News Reporter

• Community Moderator

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

S1m0n3']

Larry may be following Elvis example ...

Elvis was a good actor too!

er, no he wasnt....roll.gifhe was a car salesman that loved to play guitar. roll.gif