Here we go again?

peterferris8

• Subscriber

http://www.u2place.com/newsdett.asp?idN=5367 

Rough translation from Italian to English:
15/04/2011 - Rumors: some health problem for Bono and U2?
/www.u2place.com/images/sfondi/sfondomenu2.gif);">http://www.u2place.com/im...sfondi/sfondomenu2.gif); color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px; ">The third date of the mini leg held in Brazil in Sao Paolo webcast around the world had seen some criticism from fans, Bono was all over soon became tired and with some problems with his voice.

It is known that in fact there was a problem: according to the journalist's Folha de Sao Paolo , Monica Bergamo , Bono, Adam, Edge and Larry had suffered a sharp colds, Monday 12 already, so that was planned a visit to 'Albert Einstein Hospital, then void due to an improvement in their health status. Some doctors, however, were present at the Hospital Show, Vip.

Yesterday, Thursday 14, Bono arrived by helicopter at the air base in Sao Paulo, where he continued on an Air France flight to Europe, is rumored to spend the weekend with family in Paris and Dublin. The Edge and Larry Mullen reached Los Angeles, Adam Clayton New York.

bono_u2_basp.jpg

We wait in great shape for the next date scheduled for 11 May in Mexico City.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

A little fishy if you ask me, if they had a cold, it wasn't anything serious as you can see in the videos of the concert, I can't figure out why they would need doctors from a local hospital when they travel with their own tour doc, and then we know they went to a karaoke party after the gig.

Moment of Surrender, the only unusual things: a grasshopper or something similar on Bono's hand and him being stung by a bug (that's why I'm not sure it's a grasshopper)

the karaoke party with Muse and Ronaldo:

They don't seen very ill to me.

• Subscriber

Sure Bonos voice wasn't up to scratch that night 

We all know from past shows that the show must go on, remember Sarajevo!!, Bono was very hoarse but the crowd carried himcool02.gif

Sure, Bono's voice wasn't at his best, but not him or any of the others needed a hospital, it is not the first made up story I see posted in a fan site, I can still remember the fake rehearsals from Turin last year when the band wasn't even there.

People forget that these guys are human too. Of course, with them traveling from one time zone to another, and from one form of climate to another, of course they'll get sick. Bono is going to show it the most, since he's the singer. A lot of singers go thru this as they get older. I've come across a lot of singers that take throat lozenges, or other forms, to maintain their vocal chords. Naturally, if his having trouble singing, it could just be fatigue...not necessarily being sick. He could've been talking the whole day, to the press. It's very common! The best thing for him is to keep talking to a minimum, on days off...but I doubt Bono would be able to do that. For sure, people in their inner circle, and maybe even Joe O' Herlihy, would have told him to limit his conversations. This is one reason I think U2 will be performing less on their future tours. It's either that, or have several days off, in between show days, which would prolong the tour.

The only time I can recall reading where it affected the tour was Lovetown in Europe. Shows got cancelled and moved around. Some that were supposed to be rescheduled never were. Bono's voice was majorly affected by a cold that dogged him since Australia (so it was reported)