Barbara's time in england!

Zhivvy

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Funny naughty goings on in here! There was a time when a mango was just an innocent fruit...laugh.gif. Great pics, Abbey Rd is my fave. Looks like a great time was had by all, good on ya!

• Subscriber

Funny naughty goings on in here! There was a time when a mango was just an innocent fruit...laugh.gif. Great pics, Abbey Rd is my fave. Looks like a great time was had by all, good on ya!

Oh the days of the innocent mango lol!!!

More pics just being uploaded to photobucket right now - get ready lol!

• Subscriber

But whilst we are waiting - a story maybe????happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Well it is known that Barbara and I like a jug or two of Pimms of an eveningtongue.gif The other night we were on jug number three (hic) and the washing machine finished. As it was a warm night we thought we would still hang it outside in the dark! - seemed a good idea at the time. So we carried out the towels, sheets etc... put them on the table ready to hang on the washing line. Barbara picked up a towel to hang up and nearly fell over when she realised that there was no washing line there to hold the towels and tried to hang it on thin air!!!

'Where's your washing line gone?' She asked, very confused 'There was one here earlier.'

Clearly retractable washing lines are something that she has never heard of!!!

But saying that when the line was put back out it wasn't much easier in the dark. It is quiet hard to see it and very easy to walk into! (maybe it would have been better to have switched on the garden light!!!!)

So lesson learned: Pimms+washing+retractable washing lines+Belgians=bad idea!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

• Subscriber

Ok - Tuesday it was decided that Barbara needed to see the town of Zhivvy - so we went to Bolton - that place where I sound normal and don't have a dodgy accent!!!!

We had afternoon tea in Mummy and Daddy Zhivvy's garden - where Barbara rather liked my dad's home made martini lol!! We then went to my old church and school, up onto the West Pennine Moors to winter Hill and Rivington Pike (which means nothing unless you are from there lol!) Then to a local park for the kids to play and a quick visit to the town centre.

• Subscriber

Ooop out on t'moors!!!

013-2.jpg

Barbara singing 'Heathcliffe, it's me, I'm Kathy .......' - the whole time we were there!!! (had something to do with that martini i think!!!)

033.jpg

Barbara and Zhivvy having a little rest at the top of that huge hill we walked up - we went the hard way, didn't see the stepped part!!!)

023-4.jpg

Archived