Top 10 Songs on your other Playlist

bflorendo

1. Caeser's Palace - Jerk it out ----- my favorite party song

2. Rise Against - Tip the Scales ----- classic

3. French Films - Golden Sea  ----- great song if you just wanna hang out in the sun

4. Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man ----- always listening to it while playing games

5. Rise Against - Satellite ----- just awesome

6. Vampire Weekend - A Punk ----- also a good party song

7. Against Me! - I was a teenage Anarchist

8. The Tamper Trap - Sweet Disposition ----- something to think about

9. The Subways - Oh Yeah ----- PARTY!

10. The Wombats - Jump into the Fog ----- just a good song

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='bflorendo wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

bflorendo']So apart from your U2 playlist, what's the 1st 10 songs you have on your other playlist?...on the iPod, Zune...whatever.

1. Knights of Cydonia - Muse

2. It Doesn't Seem to Matter - Army of Anyone

3. Bridge Burning - Foo Fighters

4. White Balloons - Sick Puppies

5. ATX - Alberta Cross

6. Wailing Wintery Wind - Baroness

7. Cry Wolf - Cavo

8. Waiting for the End - Linkin Park

9. Fly from the Inside - Shinedown

10. Separator - Radiohead

Great list! Fly from the Inside is one my favorite Shinedown songs and oddly enough, is a part of the playlist that I posted too.

I'm guessing from you listing Bridge Burning that you have the new Foos album, huh? And what an awesome new album it is!

Yes, Foo Fighter's new album is great. Shinedown is one of my favorite live bands too...also great peeps. Skillet blew everyone away, at the last festival they played, which also included Three Doors Down (headliner), Stone Sour, Seether, and Theory of a Deadman. Army of Anyone is basically a super group featuring the De Leo brothers of STP, former singer of Filter, and David Lee Roth's (solo) former drummer. Baroness opened up for Smashing Pumpkins' last tour. Sick Puppies...great Aussie band...got a little homesick when I spoke to them. Cavo is also another great hard rock band live.

Mmm...kay. Yes, well, I know well each of the bands that you mention and have seen most of them live myself. But hey... thanks for the lesson attempt anyway, I suppose. It's pretty clear you were just hoping for the chance to be asked, glad I could oblige. Just to mention; Shinedown is and has been one of my favorite bands for a long time now. Sick Puppies from what I've heard told, doesn't really consider being an Aussie band since they came to the States and made it while living in California. So, you are saying that are from Australia originally? Okay. Cavo... sorry, not so good live in my opinion.  Found them to be pretty boring and in fact the bass player is the the only guy with any real talent from what I saw.

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

bflorendo wrote:

ceallach67']

Great list! Fly from the Inside is one my favorite Shinedown songs and oddly enough, is a part of the playlist that I posted too.

I'm guessing from you listing Bridge Burning that you have the new Foos album, huh? And what an awesome new album it is!

Yes, Foo Fighter's new album is great. Shinedown is one of my favorite live bands too...also great peeps. Skillet blew everyone away, at the last festival they played, which also included Three Doors Down (headliner), Stone Sour, Seether, and Theory of a Deadman. Army of Anyone is basically a super group featuring the De Leo brothers of STP, former singer of Filter, and David Lee Roth's (solo) former drummer. Baroness opened up for Smashing Pumpkins' last tour. Sick Puppies...great Aussie band...got a little homesick when I spoke to them. Cavo is also another great hard rock band live.

Mmm...kay. Yes, well, I know well each of the bands that you mention and have seen most of them live myself. But hey... thanks for the lesson attempt anyway, I suppose. It's pretty clear you were just hoping for the chance to be asked, glad I could oblige. Just to mention; Shinedown is and has been one of my favorite bands for a long time now. Sick Puppies from what I've heard told, doesn't really consider being an Aussie band since they came to the States and made it while living in California. So, you are saying that are from Australia originally? Okay. Cavo... sorry, not so good live in my opinion.  Found them to be pretty boring and in fact the bass player is the the only guy with any real talent from what I saw.

Nope, just wanting to see what other U2 fans listen to, other than U2. A lot of people ask me about Army of Anyone when they hear their songs. Yeah, Sick Puppies broke through while living in Cali. But just listening to them talk about Sydney....all the familiar places, and lifestyle growing up there...the changes, since I moved away from there. I just thought that Baroness opening for Smashing Pumpkins was a surprise...kinda different genre, but a great line up...what do you think? Over here, Skillet has always been linked to the Christian rock circuit....so playing in a radio station rock festival, to a more secular audience...and blowing them away, is great to see. Kinda reminds me of another band, in their early years...that some would label them as Christian rock (debatable).

• Subscriber

ceallach67 wrote:

bflorendo']Yes, Foo Fighter's new album is great. Shinedown is one of my favorite live bands too...also great peeps. Skillet blew everyone away, at the last festival they played, which also included Three Doors Down (headliner), Stone Sour, Seether, and Theory of a Deadman. Army of Anyone is basically a super group featuring the De Leo brothers of STP, former singer of Filter, and David Lee Roth's (solo) former drummer. Baroness opened up for Smashing Pumpkins' last tour. Sick Puppies...great Aussie band...got a little homesick when I spoke to them. Cavo is also another great hard rock band live.

Nope, just wanting to see what other U2 fans listen to, other than U2. A lot of people ask me about Army of Anyone when they hear their songs. Yeah, Sick Puppies broke through while living in Cali. But just listening to them talk about Sydney....all the familiar places, and lifestyle growing up there...the changes, since I moved away from there. I just thought that Baroness opening for Smashing Pumpkins was a surprise...kinda different genre, but a great line up...what do you think? Over here, Skillet has always been linked to the Christian rock circuit....so playing in a radio station rock festival, to a more secular audience...and blowing them away, is great to see. Kinda reminds me of another band, in their early years...that some would label them as Christian rock (debatable).

That's cool. It's always great to discuss other bands and I am always looking for new and different sounds and bands. I especially love the collaborations. Yeah I would say that Baroness and SP both have a different sound but it's always good to see bands that might not be as known or not getting the recognition they may deserve getting the change for an opening slot for a band like Smashing Pumpkins. Skillet is considered a Christian based band I don't think too many really know that about them and you are spot... it is great to see them included on the festival bill as they were like you said. LOL...yeah... I think U2 just didn't want that Christian band label when they were coming up.

Don't know if you have Facebook but if you do, check out the page for a band called illStruck or you can check them out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/illStruck  This is my nephew's band. They are based in Florida. My nephew is the drummer.

• Subscriber

in no particular order

1. Closer to the Edge - 30 seconds to Mars

2. Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd

3. Hold my hand - Michael Jackson and Akon

4. Wonderful Life - Hurts

5. Rockin in the free world - Simple Minds

6. She's my ride home - Blue October

7. Enjoy the silence (live) - Depeche Mode

8. Under the stars - Morning Parade

9. A billion balconies facing the sun - Manic Street Preachers

10. Sona - Runrig

bflorendo wrote:

ceallach67']

That's cool. It's always great to discuss other bands and I am always looking for new and different sounds and bands. I especially love the collaborations. Yeah I would say that Baroness and SP both have a different sound but it's always good to see bands that might not be as known or not getting the recognition they may deserve getting the change for an opening slot for a band like Smashing Pumpkins. Skillet is considered a Christian based band I don't think too many really know that about them and you are spot... it is great to see them included on the festival bill as they were like you said. LOL...yeah... I think U2 just didn't want that Christian band label when they were coming up.

Don't know if you have Facebook but if you do, check out the page for a band called illStruck or you can check them out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/illStruck  This is my nephew's band. They are based in Florida. My nephew is the drummer.

Cool, I'll check them out. Being that this is a small world, I'll probably come across them. I'm on the west coast.

• Subscriber

ceallach67 wrote:

bflorendo']Nope, just wanting to see what other U2 fans listen to, other than U2. A lot of people ask me about Army of Anyone when they hear their songs. Yeah, Sick Puppies broke through while living in Cali. But just listening to them talk about Sydney....all the familiar places, and lifestyle growing up there...the changes, since I moved away from there. I just thought that Baroness opening for Smashing Pumpkins was a surprise...kinda different genre, but a great line up...what do you think? Over here, Skillet has always been linked to the Christian rock circuit....so playing in a radio station rock festival, to a more secular audience...and blowing them away, is great to see. Kinda reminds me of another band, in their early years...that some would label them as Christian rock (debatable).

Don't know if you have Facebook but if you do, check out the page for a band called illStruck or you can check them out here:
This is my nephew's band. They are based in Florida. My nephew is the drummer.

Cool, I'll check them out. Being that this is a small world, I'll probably come across them. I'm on the west coast.

Right now they're pretty much just working Florida. But they have management and big dreams so I'll let you know if/when they head out west.

bflorendo wrote:

ceallach67']That's cool. It's always great to discuss other bands and I am always looking for new and different sounds and bands. I especially love the collaborations. Yeah I would say that Baroness and SP both have a different sound but it's always good to see bands that might not be as known or not getting the recognition they may deserve getting the change for an opening slot for a band like Smashing Pumpkins. Skillet is considered a Christian based band I don't think too many really know that about them and you are spot... it is great to see them included on the festival bill as they were like you said. LOL...yeah... I think U2 just didn't want that Christian band label when they were coming up.

Don't know if you have Facebook but if you do, check out the page for a band called illStruck or you can check them out here:
This is my nephew's band. They are based in Florida. My nephew is the drummer.

Right now they're pretty much just working Florida. But they have management and big dreams so I'll let you know if/when they head out west.

Lol.....I meant west coast of Florida.

• Subscriber

The pan within - The Waterboys

I wanna be adored - The stone roses

Corpses in their mouth - Ian Brown

Racing Rats - Editors

Map of the probelmatique - Muse

From the edge of the deep green sea - Cure

Battle of evermore - Led Zeppelin

Black crow - Joni Mitchell

Andmoreagain - love

She just wept - Starsailor