360 setlist: whatever happened to...

peterferris8

• Subscriber

*Mercy? That one hasn't been played live since the December 09 2010 gig in Brisbane. 

*Glastonbury? They haven't performed that one since Europe 2010. I guess we'll have to wait until Glastonbury to hear that one again. 

*Every Breaking Wave? That one hasn't been performed since Europe 2010. 

*Boy Falls From The Sky? They only played that one once! 

*Return Of The Stingray Guitar? I know it was played in Buenos Aires on April 3, but that's the only performance of it we've had so far this year! 

When U2 were approaching the start of Europe 2010, they said there'd be new songs. And the only one that has really survived the setlist for a prolonged period is North Star, and even that has only been performed 4 times so far in 2011. I guess it's because they're gearing up for the greatest hits setlist they'll have to do at Glastonbury. Hopefully we'll see them back afterwards!

• Subscriber

Mercy is my absolute FAVORITE happy.gif song right now. I think it is one of the best (if not the best) since the 90s. It is certainly a song that will get them even more one top. WHY WHY WHY? They better play it in the US. 

Annnd releasing 5,000 copies of it or whatever the WAIE number was is NOT actually releasing it. If it isn't released so people have the opportunity to get it, I will forever be sad. frown.gif

and the other songs are greaaaaaaat too!!!! but i think mercy is the best. 

• Subscriber

been replaced with better songs..............

even better than the real thing

out of control

zooropa

only kidding!

but maybe they feel those songs didnt connect like they hope it would. apart from mercy, the other new songs havent really had me jumping in the sky pumping the air. although glastonbury ear piece on youtube does sound pretty good as does boy falls from the sky. the other songs im not that fussed about to be honest.

you know u2, they like to rework and rework songs. probably finishing off glastonbury so it will feel complete to them when the festival comes along. wouldnt be suprised if we saw it a few dates before the festival itself. i have a funny feeling they might even release it as a single on itunes around the time too..............(what do you think???)

the boy that falls from the sky......funny one really, because it really isnt a u2 song, its a song written by bono and edge for spiderman, just a fluke that larry and adam joined in. i dont think they intend to record a u2 version of the song as it was intended to be performed by monkey's,,,,,,,,i mean session musicians for the production of the worth every penny, spiderman.....hehehe! if they do release a u2 version of this, surely this is the right way to go for this song, because it has u2 written all over it, and stands up nicely to the batman song....hold me, thrill me, kiss me, smell me......maybe that is why they have dropped if from the set, as they feel it isnt really a u2 song................

i do hope we get to see some of these songs in some sort of availble format, but if anyone is interested, i have a nice mp3 copy of wide awake in europe................pm me for details!

Zooropa and OOC, hope we get those, but I do love Mercy.

On the home page you can vote for the song you're most suprised to hear lately. EBTTRT is beating Zooropa a wee bit. For me Zooropa is the best one they've pulled out of their hat so far :)

Mercy is my absolute FAVORITE happy.gifI totally agree with you...I love Mercy, both the live version and the demo - for different reasons.  I like the polished sound of the demo, but I like some of the rougher sounding lyrics from the live version.  And it has some of my favourite guitar sound from Edge. When is Mercy going to make it onto an album?!!

been replaced with better songs..............

even better than the real thing

out of control

zooropa

only kidding!

but maybe they feel those songs didnt connect like they hope it would. apart from mercy, the other new songs havent really had me jumping in the sky pumping the air. although glastonbury ear piece on youtube does sound pretty good as does boy falls from the sky. the other songs im not that fussed about to be honest.

you know u2, they like to rework and rework songs. probably finishing off glastonbury so it will feel complete to them when the festival comes along. wouldnt be suprised if we saw it a few dates before the festival itself. i have a funny feeling they might even release it as a single on itunes around the time too..............(what do you think???)

the boy that falls from the sky......funny one really, because it really isnt a u2 song, its a song written by bono and edge for spiderman, just a fluke that larry and adam joined in. i dont think they intend to record a u2 version of the song as it was intended to be performed by monkey's,,,,,,,,i mean session musicians for the production of the worth every penny, spiderman.....hehehe! if they do release a u2 version of this, surely this is the right way to go for this song, because it has u2 written all over it, and stands up nicely to the batman song....hold me, thrill me, kiss me, smell me......maybe that is why they have dropped if from the set, as they feel it isnt really a u2 song................

i do hope we get to see some of these songs in some sort of availble format, but if anyone is interested, i have a nice mp3 copy of wide awake in europe................pm me for details!

Yeah, Boy Falls from the Sky sounds like the direction of that new sci-fi U2 album they've been talking about....Zooropa/Achtung/Pop hybrid. It seems like these other new songs, they played ,are turning out to be more like b-side tracks to NLOTH. I think their latest setlist, in SA, is more like the setlist they'll play at Glastonbury....with the inclusion of Glastonbury of course.