So, I have this mission

RandHOntheHorizon

I first saw U2 in 2005 on the Vertigo tour and was fortunate enough to get to see them a 2nd time on the 360 tour. Since seeing them live I have become a mega fan and I am still on a mission that I feel the need to complete. I need to get a guitar pick used by the Edge. I have talked to people about possible ways; ask Dallas during soundcheck, get close during song changes, wait till after the show, come way before the show starts. There are so many options but then they come do a concert and its one day, then it ends up failing and its devestating. I dont know exactly why I'm creating this thread, maybe it will create posotive energy and they will come back to Boston so I can make another run at the coveted pick.....I mean, I have a custom holder I made for the pick once I acquire it. I am lame, I know but like I said, its now a mission lol. and no, buying someone elses off Ebay will not suffice. pimp.gif

• Subscriber

I think it's a little sad that getting a pick holds such a place of importance in your life, it's just a piece of plastic...the fact that you use the word "devastating" is of concern...I know many people who have picks...in fact Dallas handed one to my friend standing next to me in Australia...it's nice but don't be obsessed by your "mission"...

• Subscriber

aim a little higher.......like one of Larry's drumsticks.......they're actually valuable laugh.gif

But seriously, have to agree with Steeler.......using the word devastating is just wrong.....the earthquakes in NZ or Japan were devastating, or the floods in Australia or South America devastating........not getting an Edge pick, that's just disappointing at most.

You cannot expect to get one......if you're lucky and in the right place at the right time, you might get one....that's about the maths of it. Your best bet is Edge's side front row when Dallas is sound checking or when Dallas arrives at the venue. Edge almost never hands them out anymore. Plus most of the ones given out aren't the real ones.....they're the souvenir ones for fans, usually with the tour logo on one side & Edge's name on the other.

Funny profile pic btw...that guy is creepy......impersonators freak me out tongue.gif