U2 Dual`s received today. Here`s my review.

Mr Brightside

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I got my copy on Tuesday. Wow,..I can't believe how many people have been bashing this c/d before it was even out. Granted there are numerous tracks that have been available on other albums, but there are a few tracks that I didn't have, that I am grateful to now have. I signed up with U2.com for more than just getting free stuff, so I am not about to complain about getting a gift. I guess it's all in how we look at it. Thanks for the c/d, I love having Amazing Grace finally to hear at home.

• Subscriber
That's a review??? No, it's a rant! Duals could be much better, admittedly, but nothing U2 has ever released is 'shit'. Can't wait to get my copy!!! (Why? Cos I'm a fan......)
Pop? Shit. I`ve been a U2 fan for 30 years and spent thousands of pounds on this band so I have every right to call some of their material shit. And, just for the record, that`s a rant!!! (Why? Cos I`m a fan......)

• Subscriber

[quote name='Mr Brightside wrote:

JohnS88']That's a review??? No, it's a rant! Duals could be much better, admittedly, but nothing U2 has ever released is 'shit'. Can't wait to get my copy!!! (Why? Cos I'm a fan......)

Pop? Shit. I`ve been a U2 fan for 30 years and spent thousands of pounds on this band so I have every right to call some of their material shit. And, just for the record, that`s a rant!!! (Why? Cos I`m a fan......)

pop what?

• Subscriber

I liked about 1/2 of it. The Wanderer was the best.

Sunday Bloody Sunday I can't understand a word Jay-z said

Where the streets have no name was absolutely horrible.

Worth a listen when you are in the car, must skip song one though

• Subscriber
I liked about 1/2 of it. The Wanderer was the best.

Sunday Bloody Sunday I can't understand a word Jay-z said

Where the streets have no name was absolutely horrible.

Worth a listen when you are in the car, must skip song one though

That's funny, I was just about to post the exact opposite!!

The Wanderer is way down on the list for me, I've just described SBS with JayZ as "vibrant" to a friend and any version of Streets, except for the Pet Shop Boys, is fine by me!

Mary J Blige is way too warbly in One for my liking. I've always liked The Saints are Coming and When love comes to Town so I was happy to have them on this album. I'm not your Baby is sultry and The ballad of Ronnie Drew is reminiscent of a good night out in the pub!!

It's not ground-breaking in any way but it's def worth a listen in the car. Variety is good, just an alternative to the classic stuff.

Btw, what's Drunk Chicken all about?!!