Has anyone seen the tribute band U2UK?  They are UK-based, hence the name U2UK, and they are very, very good.  I was a bit sceptical about going to see them a few years back as how on earth can any band pay tribute to U2 and all that.  But they were absolutely brilliant.  It was a small venue, the first time I saw them, absolutely packed and a brilliant atmosphere.  They don't just play a back catalogue of U2 songs but perform a spot-on tribute to them.  The 'Bono' at the time had all his mannerisms etc and I was really impressed.  I thnik they've got a different 'Bono' now.  I've seen them a few times since and they don't disappoint.  Get to see them if you can.  The greatest tribute to the greatest band?!

• Community Moderator

I saw them 3 years ago. They were amazing! I came away from their show almost as excited as from a real U2 show. And you are right, "Bono" does a great job.

They play at a venue called Conkers in Derbyshire most years, but I don't think they are this year.  It' great venue and they play outside in an amphitheatre.  However, I have just read that the original 'Bono' from U2UK will be playing at Conkers in September with U2 Experience!  Believe me - this guy is good.  And that's coming from a die-hard U2 fan.  He really does do Bono justice and gives it everything.  I'm sure this will be pretty good to say the least.

U2UK would be a brilliant band in their own right, but performing U2 material just makes it that bit special.  They generally follow the theme of a U2 tour.  The last time I saw them they were following some part of the 360 Tour.  They started with Bowie's Space Oddity and a clock on a screen.  They then kicked off with Breathe.  They've got very good visuals as well and do make it a very authentic show.  If you can - go and see them.  And go and see U2 Experience as well.  

• Subscriber

[quote name='maggie18patchwork wrote:

maggie18patchwork']Were abouts are they based, would love to see them!!

Have justed checked their web site and they are playing in the midlands on the .......  of may ( forgot date already) elderly moment... But think I'll go it will be a warm up for glasto !!!!!!!

If you up in Midlands for it Maggie I may join you! (if that is ok lol!)

• Subscriber

May join ya Zhiv too if it don't clash with Ayrshire!!!!!

I have seen a few U2 trib Bands, what Bono is with U2UK now, I know the original Bono from Us4 left and joined another band don't know which one, a chap called Andy is with Us4, and their drummer is called Andy too very confusing when you are talking to them

• Subscriber

They are a great band. I saw 'em a few years back and wondered whether or not to bother as it was a proper venue (an arts centre/theatre) and cost £12 but it was worth every penny. They were playing a Vertigo Tour style set with "live versions" of the songs rather than straight up covers which made it even better. I think the singer was on Stars in their Eyes or something as Bono prior to the band forming and did very well. They are well worth seeing if you get the chance.

• Subscriber

Hi, they are mainly from Burton On Trent but they play everywhere. Their Web site is www.u2ukshow.com

I've seen them play about 5 or 6 times now and they are excellent. The last show consisted of an early 'Rattle & Hum' type set but the second half was a '360' set- they also do 'Vertigo' 'ZooTV' and 'Popmart' sets...

I am told they will be playing Derby Assembly Rooms this year but there is nothing official. They are contactable on 'Facebook'...

As I have said - any U2 fan or music fan should definatly see this group play if possible!!!