MacFoley's U2 song of the day shuffle thread

MacFoley

• Subscriber

Walk On / You'll never walk alone (live from Wembley 14/8/09)

5/5

Love Walk On but it's come into it's own this tour with the masks of Aung San Suu Kyi and her eventual release from house arrest.

It's a great live track and I especially love this one because I was there singing my heart out (badly but who cares?!)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

11 0 clock tick tock from the milton keynes bowl longest day boot 22/6/85

55555555555 out of 5!!

I was at this gig it was leg-endary,pissed down all day i got soaked,rem bottled off,billy bragg in fine form,ramones just sayin 1-2-3 all set and if you listen to this boot some rather corny jokes by the crowd when bad gets fucked by the rain.

I'd recommend you all to download this bootleg early-ish U2 in their pomp 2 weeks before live aid.wink.gif

11 0 clock tick tock from the milton keynes bowl longest day boot 22/6/85

55555555555 out of 5!!

I was at this gig it was leg-endary,pissed down all day i got soaked,rem bottled off,billy bragg in fine form,ramones just sayin 1-2-3 all set and if you listen to this boot some rather corny jokes by the crowd when bad gets fucked by the rain.

I'd recommend you all to download this bootleg early-ish U2 in their pomp 2 weeks before live aid.wink.gif

Will check that out sounds pretty f'n good.

• Subscriber

Mysterious Ways: Live from Dublin 1993

5 out of 5

"Show me how to do it, Teach me how to dance"..sings Bono,

Simply amazing, sound very good for a bootleg too, seeing as it's 18 years ago.

Like the extra guitar bit at the end and the moaning!!

Also a very enthusiastic crowd............ Love it

• Subscriber

FIRE

3/5

not really into this song much. i do have to say i much prefer saturday night (the original idea for fire found on the 2nd disk of boy remastered)

first time i heard this song was back in 1991 (i didnt own october until then see, it was the last album from u2 i had to get in that time) and first impression was, meh its ok, but it isnt no i will follow or out of control in terms of singles. still think its one of the weakest u2 songs that has been ever written. they really should have worked on saturday night a bit more in my view. oh well....

• Subscriber

Miracle Drug (Live version from u2.communication)

5/5

Love this song. Probably my favourite off HTDAAB (maybe equal first with Original of the Species) - has great lyrics: "I want to see your thoughts take shape and walk right out" "Of science and the human heart, there is no limit"

Love this live version - wish it stayed in the setlist this tour because it is a great song.

• Subscriber

First track to appear was Capetown, the whole concert was downloaded as one track, which begins with Elbow, so after listening to it I did the shuffle thing again.

Magnificent: NLOTH studio album

5 out of 5

Love this track, I think it should have been the first single from the album. Glad it's still in the setlist. It's a big song and reminds me a little of NYD. Nice guitar effects from Edge.