RISE UP ABOVE BONO/EDGE STUNNING =0)

joshthetree

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I thought it was a load of shite to be honest,and i've got a problem with U2 on a glorified karaoke show peddling the flop musical.

Not the U2 I grew up with,sadly though with U2 thesedays it's all about the money.

sorry if that upsets people but that's how I feel.

• Subscriber

bad plug idea if you ask me. i always thought the day jamiroquai made an apperence on the x factor it screamed....SELL OUT....now this? i agree with gibbo to be honest. if they put more effort into the spiderman tunes than their own songs, im not very hopeful the next u2 album will be anything new to be honest.

time will tell, but im staying away from this spiderman project. i might discover it when the hype dies down...

• Subscriber

Well, it's not that bad (but to be honest I'm not that very impressed) but I would still prefer to buy it as an actual CD-maxi / CD-single instead of the "nothing in my hand but zeros and ones in my Ipod thing". Have only seen the Itunes och Amazon download. A vinyl single would nice as well :)

If this is considered the hit track of the whole thing I'm concerned though. But hope is the last thing that leaves us. But you are dinosaurs now and in a way you're living on overtime, and you have tried to dream new dreams which is impressing in it's way. Hope the well hasn't dried out. Sit back and think really hard on the future so you do not mess it all up and end up like the rest of the dinos. With honest love from U2-fan since 1982. Give yourself and us Songs of Ascent since as it is described it might give yourself some time to relax with your own "Music for airports". It will probably give you bad reviews and they will tell you you have retired, but they don't know who they are messing with, since now it's DINO-U2 in 3D-tour with a complete amusement park touring the universe... not! I would show up without the claw, the special effects, without Blackberry... as you Bono said: It's all about the music, the rest is just surface.

Anyone with an input who can beg for "real" physical releases instead of downloads only?

• Subscriber

Bono and Edge committed their time and effort to Spiderman and I am glad that they have stuck to it. I like the song quite a bit, lyrically it expresses a sentiment that I connect to at this current time, and I wish Bono, Edge and the rest of the Spiderman crew the best of luck. They took a huge risk with this play and I am in their corner....