RISE UP ABOVE BONO/EDGE STUNNING =0)

joshthetree

• Subscriber

I thought it was a load of shite to be honest,and i've got a problem with U2 on a glorified karaoke show peddling the flop musical.

Not the U2 I grew up with,sadly though with U2 thesedays it's all about the money.

sorry if that upsets people but that's how I feel.

i hear what you're saying gibbo but it's not a U2 project - it's a Bono & Edge productiontongue.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I would say the track has great potential, but it's not a DEMO! The "not so very ambitious" drum loop, I'm afraid it's not even a constructed loop, it's just a simple drum machine pre-set... The "not even trying to use the back beat" which Larry would have felt right away... Look at him in the studio during the Unforgettable fire-recordings, the second half of each beat 1 AND 2 AND 3 AND... is the feeling in this song and it's left out. Jay Z could have said Ahhh.. on every backbeat with a better beat and ended up with the double straight beat.

But, someone is right: It's not a U2-track. It's Bono and Edge. Alex Descends into hell for a bottle bla bla bla was U2:s last musical attempt. Considered useless by the director.

To write a whole musical takes years of focused work. I hope for a miracle, but the clouds of doubt are enormous inside me, and I don't want them to be. If a great idea shows up and your partially musical writer and partially member of one the greatest bands in the world, in my opinion you have a split focus which is not a friend of creativity. If U2 had split up and Bono and Edge still felt like they wanted to work together on other basis, a musical like this would have been a good thing.

• Subscriber

HOW ABOUT RELEASING SOME U2 SONGS PLEASE?

I mean, can't you just release Mercy as a single on iTunes? at least? Please? 

Then again, if all the spiderman songs had Bono and Edge on it like this, I would be able to wait a tiny bit longer for the next album. 

but I love the song!happy.gif 

• Subscriber

bad plug idea if you ask me. i always thought the day jamiroquai made an apperence on the x factor it screamed....SELL OUT....now this? i agree with gibbo to be honest. if they put more effort into the spiderman tunes than their own songs, im not very hopeful the next u2 album will be anything new to be honest.

time will tell, but im staying away from this spiderman project. i might discover it when the hype dies down...

Jamiroquai did not sell out by appearing on X-Factor. Jay Kay didn't actually want to be on it as he says here: 

And you tell ME to do research before bashing something! roll.gif

C'mon you guys - give Bono and Edge a break ( from U2 )

As much as I love U2 and Mercy I think it is great they both of them wrote a musical!!

I don't even like Spiderman but I fell instantly in love when I saw them perform "rise above 1"

and Reeve Carney has an adoring voice (his voice reminds me very much of Tom's from Keane)

I also thought the stage setting was done nicely.

Now I am sad that I don't live close to NY.Love and Peace

• Subscriber

My daughter and I have listened to this song about a million times over the past 24 hours! I feel like I'm so behind the curve ball on this one! Did you know the soundtrack is going to be released on June 14th? Where have I been?  

It may not be everybody's favorite song, but as far as I'm concerned it's better than most of the songs on NLOTH!  (Don't kill me for saying so, but...I'm just being honest.)

H