RISE UP ABOVE BONO/EDGE STUNNING =0)

joshthetree

• Subscriber

It may not be everybody's favorite song, but as far as I'm concerned it's better than most of the songs on NLOTH!  (Don't kill me for saying so, but...I'm just being honest.)

H

I completely agree with youeek.gif

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

MacFoley']bad plug idea if you ask me. i always thought the day jamiroquai made an apperence on the x factor it screamed....SELL OUT....now this? i agree with gibbo to be honest. if they put more effort into the spiderman tunes than their own songs, im not very hopeful the next u2 album will be anything new to be honest.

time will tell, but im staying away from this spiderman project. i might discover it when the hype dies down...

Jamiroquai did not sell out by appearing on X-Factor. Jay Kay didn't actually want to be on it as he says here: 

And you tell ME to do research before bashing something! roll.gif

ah, ok you got me pete! well spotted!

as for jay kay, i dont think anyone cares what he says to be honest, guys a tool! tongue.gif

Bono and Edge committed their time and effort to Spiderman and I am glad that they have stuck to it. I like the song quite a bit, lyrically it expresses a sentiment that I connect to at this current time, and I wish Bono, Edge and the rest of the Spiderman crew the best of luck. They took a huge risk with this play and I am in their corner....

i agree with you , i love the passion , the huge risk take for the creativity

Unique .

love it

X

Having heard previews for the cast album though, its...okay I guess. Knowing the past work of Bono and Edge I guess I expected something less...magoo? I guess?

Yeah not buying that, nor do I feel like seeing Spiderman Turn of the Dark, ever. It just seems like "so this is what all the drama, and lacking in U2 albums was all about? This?"

• 3 weeks later...

Wishing all the best for the show. Am too far away to take it in myself but everyone's worked darned hard on it. Good for Bono and Edge for sticking in there. Life is multi-faceted and it's got to be fun to put your talents towards different projects. No harm or sellout in that. It's broadening of the horizons. I'm sure the cast and crew definately appreciate the support.

• Subscriber

I'm sorry, but these songs from the Spider-Man musical are absolutely grating. Awful! I'm getting to the point where I don't care if U2 release another album. Leave it alone and retire, guys.What happened to my favorite band? If you think these songs are great, you're kidding yourself.

• Subscriber

I'm sorry, but these songs from the Spider-Man musical are absolutely grating. Awful! I'm getting to the point where I don't care if U2 release another album. Leave it alone and retire, guys.What happened to my favorite band? If you think these songs are great, you're kidding yourself.

And why these spidey songs grating? Explain what you mean...