Is there no hope.....?

Redhead11

• Subscriber

Soo............Edge said a while ago that Songs of Ascent and all those songs were "kinda alive."  But in the video from them back last July they said they've written all this new stuff and they'd play it for us...I guess that only got to Europe and South America. 

Don't get me wrong, I've fallin back in love with Zooropa and Pop..and I'm praying for The Fly and All I Want is You. I love this 90's stuff...and the setlist is great, you can tell they've been thinking of us.

But.....

Is there no hope Mercy, North Star, etc. will be played again? Mercy is by far in my top 5 if not top 10. 

Come on guys, don't let these amazing songs die out just because the "it's all about the 90's." 
Anyway, that's my little message of hope. I want Mercy!!! What about you guys? 

• Subscriber

Soo............Edge said a while ago that Songs of Ascent and all those songs were "kinda alive."  But in the video from them back last July they said they've written all this new stuff and they'd play it for us...I guess that only got to Europe and South America. 
Don't get me wrong, I've fallin back in love with Zooropa and Pop..and I'm praying for The Fly and All I Want is You. I love this 90's stuff...and the setlist is great, you can tell they've been thinking of us.

But.....

Is there no hope Mercy, North Star, etc. will be played again? Mercy is by far in my top 5 if not top 10. 

Come on guys, don't let these amazing songs die out just because the "it's all about the 90's." 
Anyway, that's my little message of hope. I want Mercy!!! What about you guys? 
i feel your pain. north star for me, the recording I have of that is just brilliant (torino acoustic and munich electric w/the surprise audience joining in)

and Bono loved the crowd singing the outro in that recording so much that they played it that way from then on.

one reason may be they wanted new material in (Zooropa) and so they have finished working on those and decided to stop them until the album shows up. 

Still Every Breaking Wave was supposed to be the hit from SOA and if he says those are past then....

what about the rick rubin stuff? who remembers that

You're not the only fan who's noticed that U2 have dropped any unreleased songs from their setlist in N.A. 

Maybe U2 think their fans in the US and Canada aren't "groovy" enough to chance hearing something that hasn't been played to death on the radio.

And no, Bono is never going to live down that remark. devil.gif

-- eaplatt

PS - Just for the record (no pun intended), I prefer the longer, studio version of "Mercy" to the live version, but still would be delighted to hear the song live, even if edited a bit too much!

• Subscriber

Unfortunately Redhead you'll get the same set every night...tends to happen in the US. Which means no new songs

:S

uh  not too sure about that, the july shows may have a different setlist with the achtung baby songs theyve been rehearsing for glasto

• Subscriber

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

danielsentana']Unfortunately Redhead you'll get the same set every night...tends to happen in the US. Which means no new songs

:S

would bigger cities have a different setlist possibly? eyes.gif

nah its the same night to night. best hope is the second night of a two show stop in a town