Turn down the DB's at the Anaheim Show.

Sand_Man

• Subscriber

At the Recent Denver show - Larry's Toms\Bass Drum were being over-driven soooo much; I could not hear Adam's Bass, Edge's Guitar or Bono's Voice. I was located at about 4:00 in the Pit. The Subs under the stage sounded terrible! The Goal is Soul! Not bleeding ears! From the first song - boom - boom boom; boom - boom boom. When you see\hear the videos from the show, produced by U2.com, they pull the sound straight from the out put; before it hits the speakers. So it is not noticeable. The first time I noticed the over-driving was at  Helsinki 2, when Glastonbury came on. I still can't figure out what the actual lyrics are - Rock and Role Sunshine, Pocket full of Sunshine... There really is no need to distort the drums - at all! We have seats for Anaheim 1 and GA's for Anaheim 2. 12 shows prior to Anaheim and another 6 shows afterwards. I only mention this, to give some cred. to my request. Weather should be perfect! Looking forward to another most excellent double show! I know a Girl...

Wow. I'm really glad I'm not the only one who felt that way about the Denver show. It was awesome, but yeah. that was the case. I was in the pit, direct middle, next to the ramp. My ears were ringing for 3 WHOLE days after. It wasn't cool... though it was worth it :)

• Subscriber

At the Recent Denver show - Larry's Toms\Bass Drum were being over-driven soooo much; I could not hear Adam's Bass, Edge's Guitar or Bono's Voice. I was located at about 4:00 in the Pit. The Subs under the stage sounded terrible! The Goal is Soul! Not bleeding ears! From the first song - boom - boom boom; boom - boom boom. When you see\hear the videos from the show, produced by U2.com, they pull the sound straight from the out put; before it hits the speakers. So it is not noticeable. The first time I noticed the over-driving was at  Helsinki 2, when Glastonbury came on. I still can't figure out what the actual lyrics are - Rock and Role Sunshine, Pocket full of Sunshine... There really is no need to distort the drums - at all! We have seats for Anaheim 1 and GA's for Anaheim 2. 12 shows prior to Anaheim and another 6 shows afterwards. I only mention this, to give some cred. to my request. Weather should be perfect! Looking forward to another most excellent double show! I know a Girl...

Sorry for the bad sound, I was in the exact spot for Rose Bowl, about 4 oclock but in the back of the pit, plenty of bodies to absorb the subs, sound was right on....were you near the front ???
I havn't had any bad luck with sound at a U2 show, I have been fortunate and seen them from many different perspectives....they are a consistent bunch.....Go JOE O'
Peace...........hicksong

• Subscriber

Sorry for the bad sound, I was in the exact spot for Rose Bowl, about 4 oclock but in the back of the pit, plenty of bodies to absorb the subs, sound was right on....were you near the front ???
I havn't had any bad luck with sound at a U2 show, I have been fortunate and seen them from many different perspectives....they are a consistent bunch.....Go JOE O'
Peace...........hicksong

• Subscriber

Oh Yeah.......Ear plugs help, especially the ear filter type, not the foam plugs. The filters cut all the un-needed highs from the mix as well as keeping the low end tight and in tact, they work good in high volume situations and provide less ear fatigue, you won't feel blown out at the end of the show. The foam type that you squish and put in your ear really kill the sound, super muffled, can destroy a mix, almost like your underwater, I can't deal with those.

Try it out, they seem to help me a lot, if you don't like it, take them off. It's nice to have the option, being in a really loud situation with no protection sucks........ I like to practice "safe" sound........
Hope this helps..............hicksong

• Subscriber

Oh Yeah.......Ear plugs help, especially the ear filter type, not the foam plugs. The filters cut all the un-needed highs from the mix as well as keeping the low end tight and in tact, they work good in high volume situations and provide less ear fatigue, you won't feel blown out at the end of the show. The foam type that you squish and put in your ear really kill the sound, super muffled, can destroy a mix, almost like your underwater, I can't deal with those.

Try it out, they seem to help me a lot, if you don't like it, take them off. It's nice to have the option, being in a really loud situation with no protection sucks........ I like to practice "safe" sound........

• Subscriber

I've never seen these before. where do you get them and what is the name on the box? I've only seen the foam ones. ...

[quote name='u2ireland wrote:

hicksong']Oh Yeah.......Ear plugs help, especially the ear filter type, not the foam plugs. The filters cut all the un-needed highs from the mix as well as keeping the low end tight and in tact, they work good in high volume situations and provide less ear fatigue, you won't feel blown out at the end of the show. The foam type that you squish and put in your ear really kill the sound, super muffled, can destroy a mix, almost like your underwater, I can't deal with those.

I've never seen these before. where do you get them and what is the name on the box? I've only seen the foam ones. ...

look for ones that are made for drummers I use them when I go see the F1 it doesn't knock out all the sound but it does get rid of the sounds that will deafen you. I'd tell you where to get them but my dad knicked them from work lol