Anaheim Sound 6/17/11

Patcho

• Subscriber

I adore U2 and the stage show is great. The show was solid. Hoever, the sound from the upper terrace level has to be the worst I have encountered at a show. All of the bass came through but little of the higher notes. Also, the video screen when it was collapsed above could not be fully seen. Truth be told these were obstructed seats and as a fan buying them in fan Presale, I feel that I was not told the full truth.

Nonetheless, I loves seeing the boys and rocking out with them.frown.gif

I agree completely.  I also had terrace seats purchased during the fan pre-sale.  Hard to believe these seats were worthy of the $250 premium.  The view was obviously obstructed and that was not disclosed on the tickets.

Saw the show at the Rose Bowl in October 2009 in seats located in similar distance from the stage and it was a much better venue.

I will never get seats in the terrace from Angel Stadium again.  Quite frankly the seats in the pavilions (for $30) had better view and sound.

I love the Claw, but it just does not work in the smaller baseball stadiums. It's so massive you have to put it in the outfield and aim the stage/speakers into the corner of home plate. It all just comes bouncing back out creating horrid sound. Anaheim also has those shade structures at the upper level creating an even larger surface for the sound to bounce off. The vocals really suffered.

I was on field level about 13 rows up, much closer than the Rosebowl but the sound was just really bad where the Rosebowl was incredibly clear. Definitely the worst U2 show I've seen, not that it was the worst concert I've ever attended....

We sat out in the Pavillion seat for Sat night's concert and they were great for just $40. I go to many Angel games during the season so I knew what tickets I wanted.

I don't buy tickets from fan club presales anymore. In my long experience they are not worth it. People think they have good seats... NOT.

Our seats were great and no issues of the sound at all for us. For the price it was well worth it.

Pat