Larry talks Glastonbury!!!!!

agt

I noticed if I clicked on one link it wouldn't work for me either, so on this page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011y5t5 I clicked on Listen Now at the top with the pink speaker icon next to it and a long player box comes up and starts playing right away. Larry comes in at around the 1:04 mark (that's 1:04 hour). Try that and see if it works for you. 

Larry just said how much they're looking forward to Glastonbury and that there'll be some surprises in the setlist. He said the 4 of them have been knocking around idea of what the setlist should be and they all have a different opinion. He also said it will be a challenge, a good one though, to get away from the massive 360 stage and sort of going back to their roots of a smaller stage band. He said how the band use to be the underdogs, then the overdogs and now back to the underdogs. That was pretty much it in a nutshell I think.

I don't think Larry met losers by any means. He was referring to having to prove themselves again he said, with the smaller stage experience again. That's what I got out of it. He said they thrive on challenges though. I just don't see why they would consider a smaller, basic stage a challenge, they played that way for almost their whole first decade and the DJ sort of said the same thing.

• Subscriber

ok thanks surrenders

I was just trying to understand what you wrote :)

after google translator I found a better dictionary and it made more sense, yes about challenge and outsider

Now I got it

I think he is right in someway, for the last 4 tours, or 3 if we want skip the elevation tour, they had a giant stage to "protect" them, maybe he thinks that people were in someway distracted by the stage and in Glasto they will focus only on the band

Hoping you catch what I mean :s

EDIT: the audio link works perfectly, need to listen to it more than once to catch everything :)

Great stuff, small stage, woo hoo bring it on.

My money will be on a fan neutral "greatest hits" type set-list as opposed to a set list aimed at the U2 die-hards. For me as long as we get The Fly, AIWIY and NYD then they can play whatever else they want to.

Son No.1 has just left for Glastonbury to travel down early tomorrow morning carrying the biggest back pack you have ever seen. Looks like he may have gone for at least a month !!

• Community Moderator

I don't think Larry met losers by any means. He was referring to having to prove themselves again he said, with the smaller stage experience again. That's what I got out of it. He said they thrive on challenges though. I just don't see why they would consider a smaller, basic stage a challenge, they played that way for almost their whole first decade and the DJ sort of said the same thing.
I think too that they think they have to prove themselves b/c the Glastonbury crowd is a hard crowd to play to and not everyone there is a U2 fan.

LMAO at the "Lazmundo" name calling.  laugh.gif

ps-I could listen to that man talk for hours! happy.gif

• Subscriber

I noticed if I clicked on one link it wouldn't work for me either, so on this page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011y5t5 I clicked on Listen Now at the top with the pink speaker icon next to it and a long player box comes up and starts playing right away. Larry comes in at around the 1:04 mark (that's 1:04 hour). Try that and see if it works for you. 

Larry just said how much they're looking forward to Glastonbury and that there'll be some surprises in the setlist. He said the 4 of them have been knocking around idea of what the setlist should be and they all have a different opinion. He also said it will be a challenge, a good one though, to get away from the massive 360 stage and sort of going back to their roots of a smaller stage band. He said how the band use to be the underdogs, then the overdogs and now back to the underdogs. That was pretty much it in a nutshell I think.

Thanks for that!