Open letter to Paul mc G. PLease, please.....pop style

clapton is god

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the band and its army deserve to be paid, but yes, these are strange times and value is vital*

"Additionally, Bono and band manager Paul McGuinness had discussed the possibility of releasing a "one-two punch" of records since the beginning of the Achtung Baby sessions.[7] .[wikipedia]

I think that most folks will buy upgraded Movies, Albums, and other well worn media IF the re-release is truly new and enhanced. I can afford to upgrade, or get it as a fathers day, birthday, holiday present from my wife or kids. Happy to purchase the products digitally or physically WHEN there are new components. Sure, I do welcome remastered audio, with collected B-sides, remixes, alternate takes, commentary and UNRELEASED goods. NEW is even better. God Part II, Desire Hollywood Tonight video and Fast Cars are great examples of taking a great song into the stratosphere.

I own and love the Deluxe versions of Pop Live in Mexico, ZooTV, NLOTH, Best of 1990-2000, 1980-1990, Singles with DVD from Ciao Milano and Unforgettable Fire. For the record, I PASSED on the 360 Deluxe, Red Rocks, War, etc because one song on vinyl (albeit a wonderful song) and guitar picks and a blueprint of the claw were not enough to leap from the Blue Ray, and I am a huge design fan.

IDEAS FOR DELUXE Achtung + Zooropa

BLUE RAY

A Disc of the ZOO-TV CHANNEL - Pitch reel and Content

Always mentioned and never shown. U2 were said to be in discussion w/cable and satellite providers, to offer a channel that ran maship TV from around the world. Something like ZooTV but all day. It's been 20 years, can we please get some more of the Jenny Holzer meets EBN goodness? Make it available only at U2.com store, I don't really care.

U2 3-D EP (and glasses)

Never got see this. My Sony DVD player and TV are 3D ready and so am I!

FLOOD + ENO's LOOPS

What does brian have to say about the Evolution of the recordings. How true are the stories that ENO nearly erased many mixes, and FLOOD pulled all nighters to get CD mixed? I love the experimental soundscapes.

ZOO-TV money, lanyard, etc

I love seeing color bars and the wild static design!

HERE'S THE VITAL QUOTE

Surrenders posted elsewhere

06/23/2011 10:57:50

" I bought Springsteens The Promise: Darkness On The Edge of Town deluxe box set for $77. Got 3 DVD's and 3 Cd's and other cool stuff. Will be interesting to see the different packages and prices for U2's. "

ALL SUCCESS BUT EMBRACE THE ART + FUN TOO

the Fly, etc

• Subscriber

Pleeeeaase do'nt s****w the fans price wise for  the  Achtung baby and Zooropa reissues,, Please keep the prices sensible and reasonable - there is a recession, a Worlwide one, please don't milk the fans for all it's worth.
REAL U2 fans would upgrade every album, no matter what the cost or recession.

• Subscriber

I bought every remaster as Deluxe Edition on iTunes (because CDs take up so much space on shelves epecially since I have a huge music collection -- I had to convert all of them to iTunes files and sell all my CDs), and I certainly plan on doing so for the upcoming wave of remasters, but I think for the 90's albums, I will be going all out this time... meaning iTunes AND CD releases. U2 had such a creative and innovative period in their career. They certainly deserve the money.

However, I'm upset they purposely skipped over Rattle & Hum while they delivered Under a Blood Red Sky... Those aren't even full-fledged U2 studio albums, just an EP and a soundtrack to a film of theirs.

• Subscriber

[quote name='Arngrim wrote:

clapton is god']Pleeeeaase do'nt s****w the fans price wise for  the  Achtung baby and Zooropa reissues,, Please keep the prices sensible and reasonable - there is a recession, a Worlwide one, please don't milk the fans for all it's worth.

* REAL U2 fans would upgrade every album, no matter what the cost or recession.* = ouch

• Subscriber

[quote name='clapton is god wrote:

Arngrim wrote:

clapton is god']Pleeeeaase do'nt s****w the fans price wise for  the  Achtung baby and Zooropa reissues,, Please keep the prices sensible and reasonable - there is a recession, a Worlwide one, please don't milk the fans for all it's worth.

* REAL U2 fans would upgrade every album, no matter what the cost or recession.* = ouch

yes, im questioning who are the REAL U2 fans, the ones who will happily purchase every remaster, or the ones who gripe and moan about how "overpriced" they are.