How BIG of a U2 fan are you?

realgonekid

• Subscriber

I was thinking today just how big of a U2 fan am I? If there was some kind of test I could take, I wonder where about's on the U2 fanscale I would be? I would go as far as buying all of U2's albums, remastered reissues, deluxe dvd's, including some proshot bootlegs and seeing a couple of shows of each tour but wouldn't travel any further than the UK to see more. I listen to U2 music nearly every day and the most exspensive item I've bought was the deluxe 3 disc boxset reissue of  The Joshua Tree, but that's about my limit. So on a scale of 1 to 10 where do you think I rank?

How big of U2 fan are you and what's the most you've spent you're hard earned cash on U2?

Thanks

Johnny

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Well, I have learned almost EVERY. SINGLE. SONG. by heart all within about 4-6 months. I got my teacher to do a lesson plan on  Until the End of the World. I made an amazing t shirt. I re-buy every song on itunes so I can have the cover art.  I convinced my parents to get red zone tickets. I have the Rose Bowl super deluxe set. I have the original records in my room. I just made a huge Bono collage, and I am working on the other three. I blast U2 everyday in the car. And I pretend I'm Bono and I sing and even know the mmmmmss and the ughhs and ohhhhs. I'm too embarrassed to tell you guys how much money we've spent. I don't even want to know. roll.gifI would die. 

That's a little about my U2 obsessiveness .

As for you, I think you can answer that smile.gif

• Subscriber

Big enough of a fan to HAPPILY purchase every U2 remaster and not whine about how overpriced I thing they are. Because U2 remasters are awesome, The Edge has been doing a terrific job on them. PopMart was AWESOME & SO AHEAD OF ITS TIME, (and this is coming from an American -- our country did not get the concept), Zoo TV was groundbreaking and innovative, we all know Bono can attract a huge crowd, but The Edge is the REAL star of U2. Our "guitar hero", if you will.

Well i was in the kitchen when they done thier first rehersal i was at school with them all i have been to every single show they have ever done and i have over £1.1million of merchandise......I AM THE BIGGEST U2 FAN THAT HAS EVER EXISTED IN THE HISTORY OF EVERYTHING.

OH AND IM ALSO SPARTACUS.

• Subscriber
Well i was in the kitchen when they done thier first rehersal i was at school with them all i have been to every single show they have ever done and i have over £1.1million of merchandise......I AM THE BIGGEST U2 FAN THAT HAS EVER EXISTED IN THE HISTORY OF EVERYTHING.

OH AND IM ALSO SPARTACUS.

Coming soon to an art-house near you " Killing Basher : I Was Spartacus' Doppelganger