U2 @ GLASTO

basher1

• Subscriber

i was hoping for some surprises, a kind of different setlist. but it was what i expected it to be. and it was great!! they were on top of talent!

still some rarely played tunes would have been great. i figured since it was a festival, they wouldnt feel oblidged to please the 'common' u2-fan with the big hits and do something different. on the other hand, i do understand that practising new songs inbetween touring would have taken more time than they had lately...

still a great show and i'm gonna watch it over and over (and who knows, one day ..... )happy.gifhappy.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were on fire last night. Just straight up rock and roll, no gimmicks, no other worldly stage, etc. That's what they should always be, just the 4 of them and their great music. Figured it would be pretty much a hits setlist since it wasn't just a show for U2 fans, that's playing it smart I think. Really glad they ended it on a high energy song and not MOS. Being a festival think it's best to leave the audience on with a big upbeat high.

The boys showed the rest why they're the Greatest Rock Band in the World. Their setlist was great, although I wish they played New Year's Day and/or Discotheque instead of Moment of Surrender. Anyways, that's just minor. I think this set will inspire them for their next tour.....arenas, back to basic rock 'n' raw. I noticed that they didn't have as much tracks layered in their songs too, sounded raw. Which means they can be more flexible on setlists for their next tour. Like their songs, they can adapt. Maybe a kitchen setup might be in the works.

• Subscriber

The boys showed the rest why they're the Greatest Rock Band in the World. Their setlist was great, although I wish they played New Year's Day and/or Discotheque instead of Moment of Surrender. Anyways, that's just minor. I think this set will inspire them for their next tour.....arenas, back to basic rock 'n' raw. I noticed that they didn't have as much tracks layered in their songs too, sounded raw. Which means they can be more flexible on setlists for their next tour. Like their songs, they can adapt. Maybe a kitchen setup might be in the works.
layers, adapt, kitchen setup... can you explain what you mean to a technical dummy??

Exactly, much more raw then we've seen in the past and basic.  LOL at the kitchen setup.

• Community Moderator

Love this thread, Basher and happy to hear that they brought you back around.

Now, here is my 2 cents and I know some of it has already been said, but I'll say it again.

THEY WERE ON FIRE LAST NIGHT!!!!! Absolutely amazing and top notch performance. One of the most heart-felt, powerful, they gave it all they have performances that I've ever seen. They proved that they don't need a giant stage to prove themselves. I was still buzzing after watching it on the internet.