chicago

celticfc09

• Subscriber

That was the best show of this leg, hands down and one of the best of theirs I've ever seen. There best be a video of the ending tune tomorrow on the website. Just... my god.spoiler startsafter out of control I knew It'd be a great night.My god it was

• Subscriber

I know!! How many times will you hear The Fly, Out of Control and One Tree Hill in the same show? I so wish I was there, this leg is potentially getting better with the impromptu surprises.

I wonder what might be next...a POP track maybe?

• Subscriber

One tree hill was the highlight, going into tonight I thought "god if they would play One Tree Hill..." thinking of course I wouldn't ever see it live. Then when bono said they wrote a song for Greg carroll we all screamed for them to play it, so they did. Eventually, but I was thinking for a minute, what song is it? What video have I heard bono say, "for Greg Carroll, this is --- One Tree Hill." I kinda lost it then.If that wasn't good enough they extended the bridge of UTEOTW for like 3 minutes while bono did something. I wasnt paying attention because edge came out on a bridge that was stopped 3 feet away above me the whole time. Might have wet myself with that HahaFinally in what was just a very U2 moment, a little spit of rain began to fall during the final chorus Streets and we got to dance in the dirty rain.I gained renewed appreciation for WOWY, probably because the crowd was so loud last night, but it was a pretty fantastic performance of the song.360 stop 101 rivals Amsterdam #2 from 2009 and Helsinki #2 from last summer as one of the best nights of the tour.Chicago saw Bad and One Tree Hill on this tour, I think they like our town.For future reference, back fence of the inner circle is the best spot for the 360. Right in a dead line with the front left leg of the claw is right where the bridges go to and right in front of edge (my preference)Bono also had his Irish falcon back? Did he have two? He had his new green one and the Irish falcon... strangeTerrific show boys

• Subscriber

that is most of MOS and One Tree Hill. There are of course better ones out there....much better ones but the sound isn't too bad for where it was shot...Bad, Your Blue Room and One Tree Hill. Too bad they didn't do two shows in Chicago this time but I won't be greedy.

• Community Moderator

It was absolutely the best show I have ever been to! Not only for the music, but b/c of what happened to me. My friends and I were on the outer rail with our Larry Mullen Band shirts on and Bono sang to us during Elevation and as he went back over the bridge, waved back to us and then said, "I'm in the Larry Mullen Band". After that, each member played for us, with Larry grinning like I have never seen as he walked slowly by. It was truly a dream for me.