Redhead11

• Subscriber

Here's the website. http://www.panthermanagement.com/theclaw/

And the article 

U2 & LIVE NATION FORMALLY OFFER THE CLAW FOR SALE

@U2, July 14, 2011

By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

6930-m.jpg

"U2 and Live Nation are really serious about selling The Claw. So serious that they issued a sales pitch news release today with details of the stage's availability (you can buy it as soon as the U2 360 show in Moncton is over) and even launched a mini website extolling The Claw's virtues.

Vancouver-based Panther Management is handling the sale, or at least doing the selling via its website. The company even suggests a few possible uses for the three Claws:

These highly adaptable structures can be re-engineered and, in effect, recycled to become new multi-use and headline grabbing entertainment venues or facilities including amphitheatres, civic plazas, corporate pavilions, world expositions or world cup stages, or something as unique as a bio dome or conservation lab.

Really, the highlight of it all is the PDF-formatted Claw presentation (1.3mb download) that any U2 is sure to enjoy, even if you don't have the budget to buy one. (Here at @U2 HQ, we'll be coordinating a bake sale soon to see if we can raise money to install one in the backyard.)

And yes, if you have a good memory, you may recall that the original talk was aboutdonating the claws ... but then the idea of selling the claws made news a couple weeks ago."

Good luck to you. How much do you think? 

• Subscriber

I propose that the claw(s) become focal points for U2 museums, world-wide.  Music, videos, memorabilia, events, travel destinations for U2 fans.  Seems like a good idea!  U2 could even swing by periodically to do a show. 

• Subscriber

I'm open up to the idea of the band placing one of the Claws in Eastern, WA because Heaven knows we need some more stuff in Spokane in order to help the local economy via shows, tourism,etc.

They could try to find a place in or near Riverfront Park. I think that could be nice!

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

illumination70']  I'm open up to the idea of the band placing one of the Claws in Eastern, WA because Heaven knows we need some more stuff in Spokane in order to help the local economy via shows, tourism,etc.

They could try to find a place in or near Riverfront Park. I think that could be nice!

I totally agree and jbarnych I love your pictures of Larry especially the ones where he has the goatie!!

• Subscriber

[quote name='illumination70 wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

illumination70']  I'm open up to the idea of the band placing one of the Claws in Eastern, WA because Heaven knows we need some more stuff in Spokane in order to help the local economy via shows, tourism,etc.

I totally agree and jbarnych I love your pictures of Larry especially the ones where he has the goatie!!

Thanks about the Larry pics! I used to love going to Riverfront Park. I lived over in Post Falls, ID, and over in Coeur d'Alene for a couple of years; and I used to go out to Riverfront Park on occasion. My mom still lives up in Post Falls, but I haven't been up to visit in years.