I met Dallas and got a Bono pick!!!

Allegra

• Subscriber
Anaheim 1 - June 17, 2011 - Finally telling the story!

Dallas Schoo, Edge's guitar tech, gave me a plectrum after literally running at him on the way to the Port-A-Potty on the GA floor in Anaheim. Back in May before the Denver show, I had asked Dallas for a pick. He threw me one, it bounced off my hand, and the couple next to me took it. So at the Anaheim show while taking a restroom break, I saw Dallas come out of the shoot and getting ready to pass me by while heading for the stage. So I ran towards him yelling, "Dallas!!!" He stops, turns around, and I tell him what happened in Denver. So he gave me a pick, I asked him for a hug, and off I ran back to the rail to tell everyone what just happened! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!! DALLAS IS SUCH A SWEETHEART!

Bono's sig
P1010052.jpg

Check out the transparency!
P1010033.jpg

SUPERBOWL XXXVI!!!  This pick is almost 10 years old?!?!?!  Best half time show ever!!!
P1010040.jpg

• Subscriber

Wow that is awesome! My U2 story souvenir is a little weird. I once went to a Megadeth show in our town. Very small venue. About ten years ago or more? I had just had my wisdom teeth out. I knew the officer doing the security. Since it was such a small venue, and he was a friend he even helped the band unload the stage. I started talking to a producer or manager or someone with the band (*I had pain killers and beer in me and after I saw what he had I forgot everything* ) named Mad Dog. He took me out to their semi/truck whatever and pulled out like 200 backstage passes on a chain. He pulled out a U2 POP one and gave it to me. After that I was like "what wisdom teeth?" Of course mine wasn't signed but I didn't care. Funny thing is my friend lost his badge that night and later they found it -the semi had driven over it and he ended up giving the flattened thing to the lead singer. I can't remember the singer's name oops. Hopefully somehow I can get an autograph tomorrow outside Busch Stadium. Here is hoping. Or just a wave!

• Subscriber

thumbsup.gifwell done Allegra!...I was lucky enough to see him in Miami and get him to sign my pic from Istanbul he gave me same Superbowl picclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifnow both pic and Superbowl pic are in a frame pride of place in my room!..Dallas is such a star!thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

• Subscriber

Congratulations Allegra!!! Yes, he totally is!!! I am really happy for you =) Great that you got another chance, that first pick was meant for you, definitely.

We love Dallas, my daughter got a pick too at the Chicago show and ... I got mine at the first Montreal show =D !!!! Ours is slightly different though, the signature is white, but it is also from the superbowl.

DSCN5839br-1.jpg

DSCN5838c.jpg

• Subscriber

Funny how just the littlest thing from the band makes us go gaga over them!

But Dallas' hug was the best! It was a REAL hug...not a fake hug. I had a grin on from ear to ear!

And that's so awesome that other zootops have the same pick too! Cool!