Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

If u2 had an ounce of decency.

Sorry to say this but it pisses me off......

u2 should have organised a 360 end of tour gig/gigs in Ireland and/or the U.K.....

WHY i hear you ask????...

well for starters i feel the UK got a shit end of the deal a few nights here and there......total bollocks......Mainland Europe got more gigs added.....U.S.A got more gigs added why not the very places u2 were made......Ireland and Britain.

i also know what some will say....they will say they are happy that u2 had played Britain and Ireland and that they were enough.....PISH TOTAL PISH.

All i am asking for is a bit of fairmindidness when it comes down to it because there are thousands of u2 fans here who did not get the chance to see them in 2009 and also there are thousands of fans who could not manage be it financial or otherwise to travel to other countries to see them. a wee bit of consideration would not go a miss.....but the way i feel is that u2 have totally forgotten the very countries that put them on the road to the stardom they now have....Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. i do not think u2 will tour ever again on this scale i said it at the beginning of this tour and i stand by that, i think a few gigs now and again but not a full scale tour if they ever tour again at all that is.

So in conclusion i say come on u2 stop fannying about and get something sorted......... 

I totally agree....

I was completely convinced of the fact they would do some shows in GB and end the tour in Ireland.

Simply couldn't believe it when it was clear they are ending the 360 in Canada.

GB and Ireland are left out in the cold....and so are we....

We were discussing this on facebook earlier and everyone thinks the claw should return to Dublin for 3 nights.

OK, agree, they probably need to have a couple of months rest first, The end of september would be good. Even better if they could perhaps have a concert in the UK too, but don't want to ask for too much.

I agree UK and Ireland did get a raw deal. France, Germany, Spain and Italy all got concerts last year.

So come on U2, if nothing else, think of the need of your country's economy and do a concert in Dublin. Hotels and bars need tourism.

here here i totally agree with maggie,

Yes please, make it my first...start saving my pennies..

Would be a oh so happy sue.happy.gif

Yes I was convinced they would come back as well. I was looking forward to it in August time again in Glasgow. Very disappointed that we don't have that or a new album to look forward to after they canned the "Songs of Ascent" project to come up with the Danger Mouse album.

If they did comeback i wonder if they would play more NLOTH, I can see only two songs rom it on the latest setlists and none of the experimental songs any more, all creative juices being used on Spiderman???

Yes I was convinced they would come back as well. I was looking forward to it in August time again in Glasgow. Very disappointed that we don't have that or a new album to look forward to after they canned the "Songs of Ascent" project to come up with the Danger Mouse album.

If they did comeback i wonder if they would play more NLOTH, I can see only two songs rom it on the latest setlists and none of the experimental songs any more, all creative juices being used on Spiderman???

I saw last nights setlist and just wondered where all NLOTH songs were too.......

Not that long ago it seemed so obvious that they were just waiting for the right moment to announce Dublin....  frown.gif"> it

And I agree with Basher.  I'll be surprised if they tour again.  (happily surprised, but still!)