Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

If u2 had an ounce of decency.

I haven't followed the tour that closely, but didn't they play shows in Manchester, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Cardiff as well? If they didn't then I do think they do have something to answer for - considering Adam is British and The Edge is Welsh!!!!

Maybe it's because this was a stadium tour and they didn't think they could fill stadiums in the other cities?

I really long for the day when U2 gives up stadiums to be honest - I live in Australia and have only ever seen them in stadiums - it can be good - it can be crap, really crap. I would love to see U2 play in an arena. Hopefully next tour.

Nope they played Glasgow.......however the point is that they played extra shows in Europe and America and i for one think this is a bit shitty of them.

I feel very lucky that I managed to see as many gigs as I did, but I would have liked them to come back to the UK and do some more gigs.

I hope they do at least finish in Ireland, even if it's a last minute add to the tour.

last minute fine by me, as long as i can find a sleepingplace and get a last-minute flight.

I was still so hopeful a month or two ago, that they would announce the Dublin dates... now i've pretty much lost the hope...frown.gif

but if they make the last minute add and Dublin will happen - I'll go there, by rowing if can't get last minute flighttongue.gif

I still have a reservation in a hotel in Dublin in september, not cancelled yet.....

So if they change their minds they better be quick annoucing it...wishfull thinking I guess.

It would be a great gesture to the UK and their own people in Ireland to reach out and let the fans roll their money into a poor economy. I'll be happy to do so.......

We shouldn't have to discuss this....it's just ridiculous, even though I can imagine them being sick and tired of touring they should have ended the tour at their neighbours and hometown.

Hey Bash....blah blah blah blahblahblahblah....blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhh roll.gif

That's all I have to say about this laugh.gif

Hey Bash....blah blah blah blahblahblahblah....blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhh roll.gif

That's all I have to say about this laugh.gif
Oi ya wee shite.......roll.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

aussiegirl']Hey Bash....blah blah blah blahblahblahblah....blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhh 
roll.gif

That's all I have to say about this 
laugh.gif

Oi ya wee shite.......roll.gif

hahahaahaha.........you know my thoughts on this and I'll say it again...........any city that gets a show is lucky......I dont care what country or what the population is blah blah blah............the UK/Ireland got their shows and most of them did not sell out..........so why would they go back there???? tongue.gif

Being disappointed they're not ending the tour in Ireland, fair enough....I get that............but the rest of the argument is haggis laugh.gif xx

Sorry to say this but it pisses me off......

u2 should have organised a 360 end of tour gig/gigs in Ireland and/or the U.K..... it pisses me more off that they didn't have an ounce of decency to organise the end of 360 in the vacant lot next to me

WHY i hear you ask????...

well for starters i feel the UK got a shit end of the deal a few nights here and there......total bollocks......Mainland Europe got more gigs added.....U.S.A got more gigs added why not the very places u2 were made......Ireland and Britain  now when you say "made"do you mean born or do you mean where their songs where a hit and the band took off , so if you mean "made" just coz they were born in a certain place doesn't mean they always have to finish off a tour there, and if you mean "made"as in the their songs were a hit and they got a great reception then you can't just say Ireland and Britain, per capita Oz was right there at the top as well

i also know what some will say....they will say they are happy that u2 had played Britain and Ireland and that they were enough.....PISH TOTAL PISH.

All i am asking for is a bit of fairmindidness when it comes down to it because there are thousands of u2 fans here who did not get the chance to see them in 2009 and also there are thousands of fans who could not manage be it financial or otherwise to travel to other countries to see them. a wee bit of consideration would not go a miss.....but the way i feel is that u2 have totally forgotten the very countries that put them on the road to the stardom they now have....Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. i do not think u2 will tour ever again on this scale i said it at the beginning of this tour and i stand by that, i think a few gigs now and again but not a full scale tour if they ever tour again at all that is.

So in conclusion i say come on u2 stop fannying about and get something sorted......... 
this goes on and on and on and on, what about countries that only get 1 concert or none, they would always be on the road touring and god forbid they spend anytime with their families.
Sorry B gotta agree to disagree with you on this one, that and the fact if they played Ireland this year I wouldn't be able to go laugh.gif

If U2 really had an ounce of decency they'd make B ono stop wearing platform shoes.

Come on show us his real height!