Treasure Thy Neighbour

shirley2010

• Subscriber

The Beatles said 'money can't buy me love'.  It can't buy you a good neighbour either - it is a sorry reflection of today's society when a young woman screams in the night and she is completely ignored as in the case of Amy Whinehouse.  This is where you have to think twice when you step onto the ladder of fame because the higher up you go the further away from your fellow man you have to exclude yourself.  First of all everyone want to intrude upon your life and secondly you don't know who you can really trust.

So take a moment today people to appreciate your neighbour and hope that if you ever cry for help they won't just carry on watching tv, or typing on the internet.

A good neighbour is worth their weight in gold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Careless comments cause controversy.

xxoooxxxxx

The Beatles said 'money can't buy me love'.  It can't buy you a good neighbour either - it is a sorry reflection of today's society when a young woman screams in the night and she is completely ignored as in the case of Amy Whinehouse.  This is where you have to think twice when you step onto the ladder of fame because the higher up you go the further away from your fellow man you have to exclude yourself.  First of all everyone want to intrude upon your life and secondly you don't know who you can really trust.

So take a moment today people to appreciate your neighbour and hope that if you ever cry for help they won't just carry on watching tv, or typing on the internet.

A good neighbour is worth their weight in gold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Careless comments cause controversy.

xxoooxxxxx

I hear what you are saying...though I have problems of my own, which at times I have not been able to keep inside me, and thank for  words of kindness....I do try and keep my worries behind closed doors...but I hope I'm always here for people who need a shoulder to rest their  head on, and a ear for any cry of pain....

Hello....have not seen you around for a long time......good seeing you, and hope things are good with you.

xxxxx

• Subscriber

You're so right. Taking care of our neighbours doesn't cost anything but gives a lot. ♥ should always remember, that a kind word or a hug can mean a LOT to someone who's in sorrow.

And hopefully what goes around, comes around... If you take care of other people, hopefully it gets back to you.

Sometimes it's difficult to ask for help or consolation, but carrying other people's sorrow and keeping all the own sorrow inside is often too heavy.

so we have to speak to each other and so we get to carry each other♥

many HUGS to all my zoo-friends!smile.gif

"it is a sorry reflection of today's society when a young woman screams in the night and she is completely ignored as in the case of Amy Whinehouse."

EH?????

she wasn't ignored she had plenty of help she chose not to take it so having her as some sort of tortured innocent wee soul ain't washing with me yeah it is sad that she died so young but she chose her path and she does not deserve the hero status she is getting right now.......hero is someone who has went to the camp in Norway to help out after what happened there........hero is someone who helps others not some selfish person who won't help themselves never mind others.

• Subscriber

Basher I get where you are coming from and I am in no way making her or anyone else who has been addicted to drugs a hero - they are many things but not a hero.

But we can't just ignore the problems of drugs and say that they chose that route. Drugs alter our perception on the world - so why do people want to change their world in the first place? And I am not talking about people who smoke a joint now and then or take an E at weekend but people who seriously want to get away from their life so badly that they need to alter everything around them - how sad must they be to want to do this?

Ok, every story is different but generally people take drugs to escape reality - imagine not being able to cope with your life that you have to turn to drugs for this. I have worked with kids addicted to drugs and it is heartbreaking. To spend a monday morning battling with a 15 year old girl coming down off a weekend of cocaine is hard - the moodswings, the lashing out, the physical abuse as we had to restrain her. Then in the afternoon it turns to the truth from the child - the kicks and punches turn to tears etc..... At 15 years old the only way she can escape from her life of abuse, physical, sexual, emotional is to take drugs, get out of her situation - for her it is her only choice! Was our job to point out that it was not the only answer and not the answer at all - but anyone could empathise with they reason why her mind made those choices. And this is one example, there are many stories like this of every age of person.

Be grateful that you have the strength of character and a life good enough that you don't want to try and erase reality even if for a few hours. But some people aren't that lucky and don't have the strength to do it. Not saying that you should make them a hero and a martyr but think about how low a person feels to have to start on the road of drugs.

Sorry but people do "heroworship" folk like Amy Winehouse no doubt there is now a shrine in her name in London somewhere. why people see "famous people" who have killed themselves through drugs is a mystery to me.

Now over the past 24 hours i have been saying that i was born and brought up and still live in the part of Edinburgh that was immortolised in Trainspotting and believe me when i say that the characters in that film were based on real folk and that the era that the film was based was in my tennage years i grew up around lots of the drug culture yeah i smoked a bit of hash now and again but never once did i inject heroin or smoke crack hash was as hard as it got.

I am sick to the back teeth of "famous people" killing themselves on heroin etc and people worshipping them after they die it's a disgrace and all this bollocks about tortured souls etc is a lot of shite it's got nothing to do with tortured souls or tortured genius but everything to do with too much money and too bloody selfish that they will allow thier family to watch them kill themselves and refuse help for thier addictions they are the ones that make me sick.

Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode his story about drug addiction is horrific but he got out the other side and that is the kind of person that maybe folk should focus on not the wasters like Winehouse and Doherty.

MAYBE IF WE SHOULD THE SAME LEVEL OF CONCERN FOR OUR SOLDIERS AND DOCTORS AND NURSES WE MAY GET SOMEWHERE BUT UNTIL WE STOP THE CROCODILE TEARS OVER SO-CALLED "CELEBRITIES" WHO HAVE KILLED THEMSELVES THROUGH DRUGS THE ABOVE WILL NEVER BE THE HEROES THAT THEY SHOULD BE.