Hey you pigs at the front of the que, clean up after yourselves

finz_89

• Subscriber

I'm absolutely disgusted at the behavior of the so called 'super fans' that are so dedicated to get to the GA line early to ensure the best pick of locations when the gates open. There were trash and recycling recepticles within 50 feet and you guys couldn't be bothered to clean up before you moved on. For all your 'preparations' you couldn't have been bothered to bring a trash bag or two to at least consolidate the trash instead of leaving it strewn everywhere.

Your behavior was an aboslute embarassment to U2 and everyone that considers themselves a fan. Please be a bit more considerate of the environment and pick up after yourselves next time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I'm absolutely disgusted at the behavior of the so called 'super fans' that are so dedicated to get to the GA line early to ensure the best pick of locations when the gates open. There were trash and recycling recepticles within 50 feet and you guys couldn't be bothered to clean up before you moved on. For all your 'preparations' you couldn't have been bothered to bring a trash bag or two to at least consolidate the trash instead of leaving it strewn everywhere.

Your behavior was an aboslute embarassment to U2 and everyone that considers themselves a fan. Please be a bit more considerate of the environment and pick up after yourselves next time.

What do you consider the front of the que?  I was toward the front of the line in MSP and throughout the entire day, i was picking up my trash, and other people's trash (in the early cue across the street and the location later in the day).  I am responding because I am a bit tired of generalizations at the moment.

• Subscriber

once you turned the corner to the area where they had the barriers, it was filled with trash, discarded food, etc. I'm not talking a can or bottle here, im talking piles of 10-20 discards and a continuous stream. Fine you did your part, but no reason people couldn't pitching in together. Take only pictures, leave only footprints, its not hard. 

If you were cleaning up, this obviously isnt for you, its for the people that weren't. Whats in the past is in the past, but for all these 'super fans' maybe next time they can think a little more about the environment than their position in line.

• Subscriber

Not to talk about that U2 is playing in venues where they sell drinks and food in all kinds of plastic material that is bad to the environment and is left on the floor by EVERYONE (not just the frontrailers) after the show.

Wanna save the planet?....stop going to concerts. Maybe if nobody goes to a U2 show anymore they will stop touring and will this way stop the food/drinks plastic selling mayham and this fooked planet survives 5 more years.

• Subscriber

Not to talk about that U2 is playing in venues where they sell drinks and food in all kinds of plastic material that is bad to the environment and is left on the floor by EVERYONE (not just the frontrailers) after the show.

Wanna save the planet?....stop going to concerts. Maybe if nobody goes to a U2 show anymore they will stop touring and will this way stop the food/drinks plastic selling mayham and this fooked planet survives 5 more years.

BOWMAN!!...good to see ya....there is not much more disgusting than walking out of the show, feet sticking to the metal floor..tripping and sliding on plastic bottles...so let's call a spade a spade and start calling out every fan at the shows who throws their water bottle or beer cups on the floor!! Why just pick on the queue folks?? And in my experience at several shows there aren't enough trash cans!!!

• Subscriber

yes inside not nearly enough trash cans, but this is not about someone putting a bottle on the ground in the midst of 11000 people with no way to get to a receptical in the middle of the concert. It is about people sitting 50ft from a trash can for 6 hours and not bothering to throw the trash away they've been sitting in for 3 hours.

• Subscriber

Yes....but that's why we pay A LOT of money for a U2 ticket.

U2 pay money to the venue for hiring workers who clean up the shit.

That doesn't mean I have to trash around on purpose but if someone in GA line jumps up too quick and everyone thinks gates opened and then push and squeeze to the turnstiles I don't care about my trash.

That's the job of paid men...and women.

• Subscriber

If you were cleaning up, this obviously isnt for you, its for the people that weren't. Whats in the past is in the past, but for all these 'super fans' maybe next time they can think a little more about the environment than their position in line.

I didn't know if this message was for me or not...you said beginning of que, that is why I asked you what you considered the beginning of the que, because I was at the beginning of the line, therefore I felt you were calling me a pig and I didn't clean up after myself, which was false. 

My point is perhaps before people start name calling in public forums, be a bit more specific, or better yet, find a better, less demeaning way of saying what you want to say and not make assumptions about people's character with overarching generalizations.  Here is my issue, and I will be the first to admit, I am on a bit of a mission right now and you are getting the brunt of a situation where I was the target of such generalizations and you had no part of.  I do not know you personally, but am going to get preachy for you and for those who read this, and just maybe, the logic behind my issues with generalizations may help you and others think before posting.  You do what you will, this is not a judgement on your character, just something to make you and others THINK about the power of your words that are written for all to see.

Your message and my response in blue

Hey you pigs at the front of the que (I was towards front, I did clean up, what do you consider front?  was the middle and the end of the line perfectly clean? were you able to say with 100 percent certainty it was clean?), clean up after yourselves

I'm absolutely disgusted at the behavior of the so called 'super fans' (is there a commonly understood definition of the super fan?)  that are so dedicated to get to the GA line early to ensure the best pick of locations when the gates open (I get there early to get the spot I want for the concert, that much is true, not sure about the others). There were trash and recycling recepticles within 50 feet and you guys couldn't be bothered to clean up before you moved on (you know this for certain that these people were of the attitude they couldn't be bothered?  was enough time allowed before they broke us into groups of 100 to properly dispose of what was left?  We were told several different times about when we were moving into groups of 100 and it was really difficult to go without water or shade in that horrific heat unless absolutely necessary, that when were finally told "lets go" it was a surprise to me; and you must surely understand I didn't want to lose my place in line to find a garbage can that wasn't visible...I didn't see any garbage cans within 50 feet from where I was standing, I am not saying they didn't exist)  . For all your 'preparations' (is there an official guide as to what to bring with you if you are in a GA line?  Who sets the standard for what is to be considered properly prepared?  Who says you even have to be prepared?  Yes, there is common sense, but we can't make assumptions and genaerlizations that everyone agrees on that) you couldn't have been bothered (again, you know this for certain that these people were of the attitude they couldn't be bothered) to bring a trash bag or two to at least consolidate the trash instead of leaving it strewn everywhere (good idea, but I was under the assumption there were garbage cans to use and time to use them, heck, I was the one that asked 2 times to get garbage cans brought out early in the morning)

Your behavior was an aboslute embarassment to U2 (the band told you they are embarassed?  wow, that would be so cool to be able to chat with them! but if they are embarassed, let them say so, otherwise it is hard to believe they are embarassed)  and everyone (you can only speak for yourself; let others speak for themselves, if there was consensus amongst you and others, let them say something) that considers themselves a fan. Please be a bit more considerate of the environment and pick up after yourselves next time (absolutely!).

How to get your point across without generalizations and being demeaning

I am disgusted at the amount of trash that was left behind in line during ______________ concert.  I don't know what happened, but maybe people who decide to wait in line could bring a couple extra trash bags and make sure they have enough time to get rid of everything before the final GA rush starts to happen, you know, when security starts moving people closer together.  As a fan, I wouldn't want to give U2 (or other fans and on-site workers) a bad impression of those who were in line.  Plus, it is more considerate of the environment.

• Subscriber

If you weren't a litterer its obvious that message isn't for you. Step away from the ego and don't take a generalization as a personal message to written specifically and directly to you.